Sign in to follow this  
mibmab

Flight fails to start in non-GFWL mode - any advice?

Hi,

I had Flight re-installed more than two years ago after upgrading my machine to Windows 10 64 bit, and with the help of the flight toolkit (last version 1.1.22) I again converted the FSX-SE world. It all worked fine without problems. So after a few months since last using it, I tried starting Flight again. Unfortunately the program did not start. Looking at the task manager, I see the Flight Application (32 bit), but the memory is constantly stuck at 2.3MB while it does not consume any CPU time. So I thought, I update to the latest flight toolkit 1.1.31. But it had the same problem. When I switch to GFWL mode in the toolkit, Flight does start, and the windows live login appears. The login works, but then it asks me for a product key, which I never had to fill in previously. So I'm stuck at that stage.

Now, apart from the normal windows 10 upgrades that are automatically applied in the background, I have only upgraded the graphics card drivers recently (NVIDIA GTX 960). What other reasons could there be for this problem? Should I try going back to an earlier version of the flight toolkit? Has anyone experienced similar problems? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andreas