Sign in to follow this  
kryten

Losing Wind

Hi,

I have been using FSX for many years but this problem has only just started. When I go into user defined weather/Advanced weather I set up the clouds, wind and visibility. I then click on OK, OK and OK.. The clouds and visibility are correct but there is no wind. SHIFT Z shows 0 wind. When I go back into advanced weather the clouds and visibility are as I selected but the wind section is clear. I had selected a wind altitude of up to 7000ft and speed of 25kts  from 65' but the settings had disappeared. I tried selecting 2 layers of wind but they both disappeared after selecting OK etc. I'm using Windows 7 and have not installed any new software lately. Any help would be appreciated.

Phil.

You have broken wind, huh?:wacko:  Has this condition just started and is something new?  It used to work but now it doesn't?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi Charlie. I have not used user defined weather for a few weeks but there was no problem then. it has just started.

Hi,

I've solved the problem by deleting the FSX.CFG file. It was something that I should have tried at first.

It may help if you post this to correct forum, this is MS Flight forum.

-eelis-

On 10/6/2018 at 6:54 PM, eelis said:

It may help if you post this to correct forum, this is MS Flight forum.

-eelis-

No this is FSX  -- FSX-SE

Edited by F70

1 hour ago, F70 said:

No worries, it was moved by a Mod to FSX/FSX-SE forum.  I originally thought the OP was using FSX as an older example to explain his problem.  Didn't realize FSX was his current Sim.

-1 brownie point for me!:wacko:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 10/8/2018 at 5:12 PM, F70 said:

...and it was moved here from MS Flight forum...

-eelis-

Edited by eelis

Hi,

I have a problem with my wind disappearing. I go into the "Weather" menu , "Customise" and "Advanced Weather". I enter the Clouds, Wind speed/direction and Visibility. I select OK three times (after OK twice the current weather shows the correct wind information) but SHIFT Z shows that wind is 353 Mag and 0 kts whatever wind information I have entered. Selecting "Weather" again the current weather shows that the wind is "Calm". Selecting "Customise" and "Advanced weather" there is no wind information and I have to add a wind altitude again. There is no problem with any other aspect of the weather. Just wind. There is no effect on the aircraft. I have tried heading due north when I have entered a strong crosswind and my longitude does not change. A strange thing is that I have a networked system with FSX running on client PCs as well and selecting SHIFT Z on the client PCs shows the wind information I selected on the server even though the server SHIFT Z display shows no wind. It seems that the server is sending wind info to the clients before it loses the wind info itself. I'm using Windows 7. Thanks for any help.

Have set the correct altitude window for your wind layer?

14 hours ago, kryten said:

Hi,

I have a problem with my wind disappearing. 

Not sure if you remeber starting this topic already back in early Oct, so rather than start a new topic on the same subject with same title, I merged your new post to the old topic.

Please stick to one topic rather than start new ones for the same issue.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator