Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mac

Observations with 7.42.

Hi, UTL or not, asside from aircrafts, this addon alone is on the pricey side of the addons for the sim. Granted, it is brilliant when it works and might be just worth the money when it does, but more often then not we are left frustrated - v7 is in a half finished state. It is in alpha state of release only it isn't, it has been fully released. And that is going on for more than a year now. Users, who bought the addon (not just tried it for a limited amount of time) are very stoic about it. Hey nice of us, however this does not mean we believe we have got what we had paid for. And this is a second version bought (v6: 60eur! + v7:35eur discounted=95 eur!). v6 was very decent, v7 is not. UTL bridge was anounced by the developer himself if i remember correctly (and I prefer the  injection of traffic the way UTL does it, without writing additional hundreds of files in world directory and most importantly it is an install and forget thing). VFR bug is there from the beginning. Choose Proceedure Pronunciation Editor and see what happens: nothing. Etc. Of course I could buy other addons, but I have invested in this one and want this one to finally work. When I get a one liner of fixed bugs and added features after a year I would prefer not to get an update at all, it feels like someone is mocking us. Such a minor fix does not even deserve an itteration number, the fifth decimal maybe. I'll take it all back if 7.43 comes out in a week with all major issues fixed, but even that would be half a year too late to not leave a bad aftertaste.

Matt

i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 16 Gb Ram, strix gtx1070, P3D4, FSX

15 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

My understanding is that any obstacle here is with UT not vox...will people stop moaning about this please, if its not going to get fixed anytime soon why not just use another AI package? - theyre not expensive....

What kind of AI package you use 

i am looking for schedule airline package and how will interact with VoxATC 

14 minutes ago, Jellybaby said:

What kind of AI package you use 

i am looking for schedule airline package and how will interact with VoxATC 

I am using Traffic Global from JustFlight at the moment.  

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

I am using Traffic Global from JustFlight at the moment.  

Is Traffic Global interact with VoxATC can i hear to the Traffic generated by traffic Global in the communications 

But have anyone tried the only addition to 7.42, the AI Schedule improvements? I have not had the time yet but it sounds like a big thing to me if it does what it clames, generate real Schedules rather than just AI based on some logoritm that I never undertood :)

Mike
Follow my panel building Project: flygsidan.wordpress.com

Previous versions of the VOXATC Indexer scanned all your AI traffic BGL files and used a sample at one time of day for each airport.  This gave you the correct routes and airlines at each airport. The flight numbers were synthetic made up of a three character airline code and a random three digit flight number.

The new Indexer gives you the exact schedules that are contained in the BGL files. The flight numbers are also the same as in the BGL files. I haven't tested it fully yet but VOXATC does seem to match up with AIG flightplans. I am seeing less airline traffic at smaller regional airports at certain times of day, but that is realistic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Can you give me a generic description of how it used to work and what you see now so I can try to replicate any problem please? Cheers k

Just to add to what Jay said, which was quite accurate, after parking, you also used to be prompted to contact FSS to close your flight plan. 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 1:00 PM, Mad_Mac said:

The CTAF, However was 135.475

I'm getting closer to figuring this out. This is a frequency known as "SafetyCom" used in the UK when a common traffic advisory frequency is in use at aerodromes that do not have a specific frequency assigned. In the UK it is currently 135.475 MHz. In Canada it is 123.2. You can read more about it here:

https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Uncontrolled_Aerodromes_-_Communications

For some reason, VOXATC isn't reading the CTAF frequencies correctly for non-towered airports. That we already knew. I'll poke around some more, as I'm not sure whether it's either something in fsaerodata or something in VOXATC.

13 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm getting closer to figuring this out. This is a frequency known as "SafetyCom" used in the UK when a common traffic advisory frequency is in use at aerodromes that do not have a specific frequency assigned. In the UK it is currently 135.475 MHz. In Canada it is 123.2. You can read more about it here:

https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Uncontrolled_Aerodromes_-_Communications

For some reason, VOXATC isn't reading the CTAF frequencies correctly for non-towered airports. That we already knew. I'll poke around some more, as I'm not sure whether it's either something in fsaerodata or something in VOXATC.

Thanks for looking into this. I suspect it is triggered by fsAerodata, as VoxATC works correctly when I disable fsAerodata. José from fsAerodata was very responsive when I reported it to him. He said he has attempted to collaborate with Tegwyn. I’m sure we can all imagine how that went.  

Edited by Mad_Mac
Typo

I've looked at a bunch of airports  with ADE and I don't see how fsaerodata could be causing this, but I believe you, since I never saw this issue prior to using fsaerodata either. Didn't José add 122.80 as a unicom frequency to every airport that was missing a unicom frequency? Have you tried creating a version of West Bend, WI (KETB) without the unicom frequency and then check to see what happens? It almost seems like for non-towered airports, VOXATC assumes that if a CTAF frequency is present, it is also used for unicom. And when a unicom frequency exists, VOXATC assumes that it i used for CTAF also. But if both exist, then VOXATC gets confused and uses the safetycom fallback frequency for CTAF.

Edited by jabloomf1230

I’ve never used ADE, or tried editing airports, but will take a stab at it and see what happens. If it works this will mean editing any uncontrolled airport one wants to fly into. Will report the results. 

NM, the comms are also coded into the file FSAD_comms.BGL and that would have to be converted to XML and recompiled with BGLComp. It's not worth the effort. Do you remember where this problem was discussed on the fsaerodata official forum? I can't find it.

36 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

NM, the comms are also coded into the file FSAD_comms.BGL and that would have to be converted to XML and recompiled with BGLComp. It's not worth the effort. Do you remember where this problem was discussed on the fsaerodata official forum? I can't find it.

I emailed fsAerodata support directly, and José responded. I’m not sure it was discussed on the forum. 

José did some experimenting  with the KETB frequencies and whatever is wrong is on the VOXATC side, so he contacted Tegwyn West about it. In the interim, as you all are aware, there is a folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4\apdata

that contains a bunch of example XML files by ICAO code. Each file allows one to override the values that the Indexer finds in the scenery database. The format of the XML files is not documented anywhere to my knowledge but the file EDDK.XML has most of the entries:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<Airport ReplaceUnits="true">
  <ATSUApproach Name="cologne" Frequency="121.05" />
  <ATSUApproach Name="langen radar" Frequency="126.325" />
	<ATSUTower Name="cologne" Frequency="124.975" />
  <ATSUClearance Name="cologne" Frequency="121.85" />
  <ATSUGround Name="cologne" Frequency="121.725" />
  <ATIS Name="cologne" Frequency="119.025" />
</Airport>

There are a few other values gleaned from other  example XML files:

<ATSUAG Name="York" Frequency="119.625" />
<ATSUCenter Name="London" Frequency="121.75" />
<ATSUFIS Name="Duxford" Frequency="122.075" />
<Airport ReplaceUnits="TRUE" StartupRequest="FALSE">

The first entry (ATSUAG, Air/Ground???) appears to be either CTAF, Multicom or Unicom, based on the Jeppesen data for those airports. The third entry (ATSUFIS) is FSS. There are also LARS and MATZ fields for the UK. It might be worthwhile to create a KTEB.XML file and experiment with the ATSUAG entry. Since there are no entries in the example XML files that are like ATSUCTAF, ATSUMulticom and ATSUUnicom, it is hard to say what might happen if one creates those entries. As an aside, changing the Name= entry will change the frequency name in VOXATC. 

• Upvote 2