Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mac

Observations with 7.42.

The voice cutting off issue from 7.41 which was acknowledged over a year ago is still present. Saddens me 😞

Yep. It stems from not including enough of a delay before switching to a new comm frequency. If you notice, the readback stops exactly when the display on on the comm radio changes. 

Increasing the playback speed on the various voices sometimes can improve matters, but won't it completely eliminate the issue.

VOXATC is designed to work with its default voices. It works with SAPI voices, but with a few quirks. Another bug is that pronunciation revisions created by editing the supplied XML file do not work with SAPI voices. Words like intl, mun, st and ft are mispronounced. Ivona voices can be made to work correctly because they are supplied with a speech dictionary file and editor. Other 3rd party SAPI voices do not provide this capability and rely on the developer to create a custom dictionary file. This issue can be worked around by the user creating  a stub ALT file with ADE, which  contains the new spelling of the airport name.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 1

Could someone running either P3d3 or FSX-SE and using fsaerodata test Mad-Mac's flightplan from Madison to West Bend, WI? The correct handoff would be to 122.8 and not 135.475.

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

creating  a stub ALT file with ADE, which  contains the new spelling of the airport name

and / or changing the name completely to what the charts show eg KSAN San Deigo is Lindberg.

for now, cheers

john martin

On 10/21/2018 at 4:15 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

Could someone running either P3d3 or FSX-SE and using fsaerodata test Mad-Mac's flightplan from Madison to West Bend, WI? The correct handoff would be to 122.8 and not 135.475.

José tested FSX and the problem occurs with FSX also. I give up on this bug.:sad:

Hi all

i don't have any problem with fsaero but sure with ORBX only. If i deactivete all scenery everything is fine.