Sign in to follow this  
Boeing_Driver

Installer won't run because "outdated version of FSX-SE"

I am trying to install the 737NG and when I get past the screen asking which version I want (FSX & FSX Steam) I get the following error message;

An outdated version of FSX-SE has been detected. Before you can install this PMDG product you will need to update FSX-SE.

However, I have the most recent version of FSX-SE on my PC and there are no updates available.

Thanks in advance,

Brian Nuss

Edited by XLS_DRiver

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules ask us to sign our full name on all posts here.

First guess is that there is a problem with the registry entry for FSXSE.  I recommend you submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

Brian,

A couple of items for you:

The installer is looking to see that your registry keys show a valid and correctly structured installation of FSX-SE.  Once it clears that hurdle, it goes and looks in the directory defined by the registry and version-checks the executable file to be certain you have the correct version.

The error message you are getting tells me that your executable has been swapped out for one that is NOT the correct version, **or** you are using some kind of registry redirect in order to marge scenery and products from different sim platforms into multiple sim platforms, but it is misconfigured and causing the error checking to go awry.

Based on your comments above i'm not able to diagnose further- but I'm betting that the registry location is misreporting and thus the EXE version check is simply failing out because it cannot find the EXE.

I hope that helps you to resolve it!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com