Sign in to follow this  
FlyVFR

CDU connected but no info on display

Hi Mark,

I have an issue that came up today without reason.

Everything has been working great and then without reason today SimServer stopped sending display data to my tablet.

Remote CDU says it is connected and button presses are sent to the sim but I do not have a display.

I saw this thread below but it is not a new install and has been working fine. I would also like to say nothing has been updated.

Thank you for your help.

Chuck

Chuck Biggins

5 hours ago, FlyVFR said:

Hi Mark,

I have an issue that came up today without reason.

Everything has been working great and then without reason today SimServer stopped sending display data to my tablet.

Remote CDU says it is connected and button presses are sent to the sim but I do not have a display.

I saw this thread below but it is not a new install and has been working fine. I would also like to say nothing has been updated.

Thank you for your help.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

this can happen if you load a PMDG aircraft after a previous PMDG aircraft has been loaded - in this case Remote CDU stops receiving data. This is out of my control and PMDG states that this is not supported.

If that's not the case, send me your logfile and I can have a look. But if the logfile has been overwritten by a subsequent use of SimServer, there won't be any useful information in there.

Regards

Mark

PS I'm assuming you are using the latest version?

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

My remote cdu stopped workin after win 10 update last night. It will say connected to 747 v3 but no display. First time having this issue. Worked great recently even after update for 747-8.

:P Timothy Murphy

On 10/11/2018 at 10:41 PM, t4murphy said:

My remote cdu stopped workin after win 10 update last night. It will say connected to 747 v3 but no display. First time having this issue. Worked great recently even after update for 747-8.

Same problem here, the 747 CDU shows nothing, just black, the 737 and 777-CDU is showing the CDU as it should, but it is not possible to push any keys.

I am not sure, what caused this, but I also believe a Windows update could be the cause. No AV Program installed, no custom firewall, etc...

Kind regards, Matthias
My System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080S, Win11 Pro, MSFS+Prepar3Dv5.3
My photosceneries at the FSXForum and FSDeveloper

A32X_Cockpit.pngbanner_onboard1pfhr.png

Gentlemen,

first of all, make sure you are running the latest version (4.6).

Then, make sure your local network is set as a private one (not public).

If it's still not working, click on Get Help in SimServer and describe your problem. I will then analyze the logfile and get back to you individually.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png