Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[06OCT18] Livery Painters are a dime a dozen...

Captains,

HA!  I knew that title would get you to swing in here and find out what I was on about.  :cool:

No- they really **aren't** a dime a dozen- and in fact many of the more recognized livery painters have quietly provided us with feedback over the last two decades that have caused a continual improvement in our models and texture preparations.  In fact, feedback from livery painters has changed the way we develop and package our models and the livery paint kits in order to improve workflow for the hundreds of livery painters that help to fill in the worldwide palette of airline liveries that we could never possibly cover on our own.

Normally, we try to highlight a couple different livery artists with facebook posts, likes, public callouts and the like- but this year we have a completely new way to recognize, pay tribute and give livery painters an opportunity to help us shape a new, flagship PMDG product.

The development team responsible for PMDG Global Flight Operations is nearing the point where, in preparation for launch of PMDG Global Flight Operations we are going to begin expanding the beta testing team from just our core cadre of under overworked, over underpaid, long term beta testers... and we see this as a great opportunity to be able to shine a bright light on the work done by livery painters, while also gaining some insight into our own product lines and some new ways that we can help increase the attention given to your work.

If you are a livery painter with a demonstrable body of work, we'd like to hear from you if you are interested in joining the PMDG Global Flight Operations testing team.

To qualify, you must meet all of these criteria:

1) You must have a verifiable body of work painting liveries for PMDG products.

2) You must be identifiable to us and to the community through your public profile.

3) You must be willing and able to sign a non-disclosure agreement (which means that you must be of the age-of-consent, or have a parent/guardian who is willing to accept legal/financial responsibility for your non-disclosure agreement.)

4) You must be able to interact with the PMDG development team in a positive, friendly manner.

5) You must be willing to provide us with feedback on various beta level tools and products to which we will give you access.

6) You must be willing to suffer through being as well fed, overpaid and rock-star famous the thankless task of beta testing.

7) You must be able to follow simple instructions...  although the ability to follow moderately complex, two-stage instructions is preferred, and probably puts you ahead of most members of the development team.  🤣

If you feel that you meet all of the criteria above, please reach out to us by sending an email to: information@precisionmanuals.com

In this email, please provide the following bits of information:

1) Who you are in real-life. 

2) If you paint under an alias, who you are under alias.

3) If you paint for an organization- which one?

4) Some links to help us verify your work.  This verification **must** allow us to validate that the work being displayed is your original work because it shows your name or other verifiable brand marks.

5) If you have been painting for some time- which PMDG products have you covered and which is your favorite?

6) Approximately how many liveries have you painted, do you think?

7) Acknowledge that you have reached the age-of-consent and can sign an NDA or have a parent/guardian willing to sign an NDA for you.

9) Acknowledge in your email that you noticed we skipped item 8.

We will begin to answer emails with further instructions beginning around 15OCT18.  (It may take a few days to answer, but we WILL answer you...)

We can't wait to open the doors and let you all see what we have created for you in PMDG Global Flight Operations.  We are very close to pulling back the curtain- and it will be unlike anything you used in your simming experience prior to now.

• Like 5

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

October 6th?! Already?... oh man, we‘re getting older...

I meet all the requirements! Well, except for that pesky no. 1. I don't paint, not even in real life. I'm so bad at it, I can make dry paint run just by looking at it long enough.

Oh well....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Walter Meier

1 hour ago, wsmeier said:

I meet all the requirements! Well, except for that pesky no. 1. I don't paint, not even in real life. I'm so bad at it, I can make dry paint run just by looking at it long enough.

Oh well....

Lol I know exactly how you feel 😂 

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

9) Acknowledge in your email that you noticed we skipped item 8.

LOL! 😆

1 hour ago, wsmeier said:

Oh well....

+1!
Me too (<- Good God, that phrase has been used a lot in the passing year... :unsure:)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Livery painters?   There are no liveries. 

Do not try to paint the livery, that is impossible...instead only try to realize the truth....

What truth?

...there is no livery.

There is no livery?

...then you'll see it is not the livery that gets painted, only yourself.

There is no spoon.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I have painted a few liveries over the years which you can see in the Avsim library , a number actually on pMDG planes. Having said that I am self disqualified due to significant lack of painting skills. Lol.  The skills of some in our community is truly amazing. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Livery painters?   There are no liveries. 

Do not try to paint the livery, that is impossible...instead only try to realize the truth....

What truth?

...there is no livery.

There is no livery?

...then you'll see it is not the livery that gets painted, only yourself.

There is no spoon.

Do not try to paraphrase the Matrix, that is impossible...instead only try to realize the truth...
...there is no Matrix.
...then you'll see it is not the Matrix that gets paraphrased, only yourself.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

9 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Do not try to paraphrase the Matrix, that is impossible...instead only try to realize the truth...
...there is no Matrix.
...then you'll see it is not the Matrix that gets paraphrased, only yourself.

Do not try to patronize my paraphrasing of the Matrix, that is impossible...instead only try to realize the truth...
...there is no patronizing the pharaphasing of the Matrix.
...then you'll see it is not the paraphrasing of the Matrix that gets patronized, only yourself.😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I think you two have been sniffing a bit too much of the paint.  :ph34r:

• Like 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

2 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

I think you two have been sniffing a bit too much of the paint

Do not try to rationalize Matt's patronizing of my paraphrasing of the Matrix, that is impossible...instead only try to realize the truth...
...there is no rationalization of Matt's patronizing of my pharaphasing of the Matrix.
...then you'll see it is not the rationalization of Matt's patronizing of my paraphrasing of the Matrix that gets rationalized, only yourself. 

Hehe....we're 3 levels deep now. 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Alex from Goldstar Textures should get involved here - his PMDG repaints have even included accurate control column checklists and flight deck placards, and they're brilliant repaints. Christian Mohr does this with his repaints too - not just immensely accurate outside, but inside as well. I don't know if that's relevant to the Ops Centre, but I love it.

John and Steve are both fantastic, too, of course.

• Like 3

You got me wondering what you guys have been cooking up...
Nice to see livery painters getting some attention!

Won't be applying myself though. Don't think I meet the requirements. And I certainly don't have the time to be a constructive and helpful tester at the moment.

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

8 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

I've done on or two in my time. I could almost meet the requirements.

I could almost vote for you!

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware