Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Jetways not animating in P3dV4

Hello,

I recently bought P3dV4. I installed my FSDT airports. What I notice is that the jetways animate at the FSDT airports, but I have visited several default P3d airports and "park" my PMDG 737 NGX by using the P3d World menu and choosing a gate from the airport dropdown, but the jetway does not animate ie move to connect to the aircraft. The 737 appears to be exactly where one would expect it to be to use the jetway. I am using Ctrl+J which is the correct key.

I am guessing the default P3d airports jetways are supposed to be animated, correct? if so I wonder why they would not be working.

I do have have GSX latest version installed, but have not upgraded to GSX v2. I did not see anyone at the FSDT forum commenting that their default airport jetways were not working as a result of GSX being installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Greg Clark

What command are you using to get the jetways to attach to your aircraft?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

It used to be ctrl J to get the jetways moving but since GSX v2, I have to use the GSX menu itself.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

3 hours ago, Bunchy said:

It used to be ctrl J to get the jetways moving but since GSX v2, I have to use the GSX menu itself.

Stu

I "suspect" you are correct ... if you update to the latest GSX1, you inherently get GSX2 "features" which controls / prohibits / negate futher use of "stock jetways" unless you buy GSX2 whereby you get SODE jetways for your aircraft, but not for AI docking as you could if you choose with standard SODE / stock jetways ( with a big unproven fps impact).

It's rumoured GSX3 will include a control on your FMS as to where you can fly plus as well the weather and encouragingly an AI controller ...

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Shouldn't it just be a matter of using the included Control Panel application and clicking on "Restore default Jetways" under the "Default Jetways Control" section? As I understand it that should enable you to restore the use of "Ctrl-J" at default airports as well as 3rd party free and payware airports that use BGL jetways, while retaining SODE for sceneries that use that method.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

43 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Shouldn't it just be a matter of using the included Control Panel application and clicking on "Restore default Jetways" under the "Default Jetways Control" section? As I understand it that should enable you to restore the use of "Ctrl-J" at default airports as well as 3rd party free and payware airports that use BGL jetways, while retaining SODE for sceneries that use that method.

Correct, It is just a matter of restoring the jetways to default. The issue/problem/blunder is, what is the point of adding a feature that takes us backwards or limits the realism. Should just leave SODE out if the SODE was going to be dead (to AI) like all default jetways in FS9 are. 

At this point I'm looking forward to FS2Crew's Ultimate Ground Crew X and dumping GSX altogether. The only truly useful feature in GSX for me is the pushback anymore. Plus the FSDT GSX forums are totally flooded with problems and confusion (not just growing pains in this case - GSX has become a perpetual alpha test and a test for many simmers patience). I have lost tons of respect for FSDT I'm sad to say, and it will take a lot to earn it back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pracines said:

FSDT GSX forums are totally flooded with problems and confusion (not just growing pains in this case - GSX has become a perpetual alpha test and a test for many simmers patience). I have lost tons of respect for FSDT I'm sad to say, and it will take a lot to earn it back.

Definitely not the most intuitive, user friendly software. But it is pretty powerful once you understand it. It just takes quite a bit to come to terms with it.  I was quite frustrated with it at first, now just moderately fustrated. 

• Like 2

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

6 hours ago, pracines said:

The only truly useful feature in GSX for me is the pushback anymore.

paul

spot on ...... though using that upsets SODE's user autodock feature which is a brilliant "idea".

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 2

for now, cheers

john martin

6 hours ago, pracines said:

It is just a matter of restoring the jetways to default

but not at FSDT's own & which would be overwritten in the next update (forever) !

for now, cheers

john martin

51 minutes ago, vadriver said:

but not at FSDT's own & which would be overwritten in the next update (forever) !

That is good to know, I never tried restoring the default jetways. Wow.😵 

Folks,

I appreciate the feedback and the solution to my inability to activate the jetways. I must add however that as a customer I am not pleased with FSDT. I am not interested in purchasing the version 2 upgrade. Last time I opened my simulator GSX indicated that there was an update to version 1 available, but and when I tried to update, I got the message that I needed to download and run the full installer.  That apparently installed Version 2 features which disabled my default jetways leading to this issue. No warning about this or "readme" that I could see. The issue  was further confused by my having just moved to P3d and not knowing what to expect with respect to jetway animation.

In addition the new in sim menu for GSX has an entry to activate the jetway, but when you choose it, a message that version 2 needs to be installed comes up, leading one to conclude that to operate jetways one must purchase v2, which according to this thread is incorrect.

It seems odd to include version 2 features in an update to version 1. There must be a reason, but I do not think it is clearly communicated to the customer. I think this whole situation could have been better handled or explained by FSDT.

Greg

• Upvote 1

Greg Clark

34 minutes ago, greg100o said:

It seems odd to include version 2 features in an update to version 1. There must be a reason, but I do not think it is clearly communicated to the customer. I think this whole situation could have been better handled or explained by FSDT.

They decided to combine both levels into one installer, (I prefer level to version to avoid confusing myself), giving users the option to unlock level 2 features for the additional fee.  

They always provided a fully unlocked version of GSX at no charge for use at their own airports and they've continued that with this iteration so there is really no change there.  

I imagine the reason they did this was to allow them to push updates via the live updater for either level at one time.

A more thorough explanation of the update process would have worked better and helped them to deflect some of the blow back they've caused on themselves.  Unfortunately these guys are a bit sensitive when it comes to accepting any constructive critique.

• Upvote 1

Jose A.

And you only need to purchase level 2 if you want to use it’s features at non FSDT Airports.

Edited by UAL4life

On 10/6/2018 at 5:52 PM, pracines said:

Correct, It is just a matter of restoring the jetways to default. The issue/problem/blunder is, what is the point of adding a feature that takes us backwards or limits the realism. Should just leave SODE out if the SODE was going to be dead (to AI) like all default jetways in FS9 are.

That's precisely the reason why we DO have the option to "RESTORE DEFAULT JETWAYS" in the GSX Control Panel, to offer a CHOICE. You decide what to do.

The automatically replaced SODE jetways will be static, is GSX Level 2 is not bought, unless you are on a Trial airport or an FSDT airport. This is normal. Jeways are replaced automatically during the installation, and the default are disabled, to prevent double jetways after install.

But the GSX Control Panel is there, so you can decide what do to:

- You want the old default jetways back, because you don't want to purchase GSX Level 2 ? You can do that, by restoring the default jetways in the Control Panel.

- You bought GSX Level 2, but want to decide *which* airport and which jetways you want to customize on 3rd party airports ? You can do that, by restoring the default jetways in the Control Panel

Regardless what you decide to do with default jetways, passengers will still work on 3rd party airports using SODE jetways, on FSDT airports using SODE jetways and on every parking in the open which use a Bus + Stairs.

15 hours ago, greg100o said:

That apparently installed Version 2 features which disabled my default jetways leading to this issue. No warning about this or "readme" that I could see.

Well, there's a manual, which explains all of this, and how you can use the GSX Control Panel to restore default jetways, if you want to.

In addition the new in sim menu for GSX has an entry to activate the jetway, but when you choose it, a message that version 2 needs to be installed comes up, leading one to conclude that to operate jetways one must purchase v2, which according to this thread is incorrect.

The message doesn't say GSX Level 2 must be installed. It says it must be *activated*, which is of course normal. Having SODE jetways everywhere is one of the main feature of the Level 2 expansion, if they worked with no purchase, it would kind defeat the purpose of the expansion, making them effectively free. The alternative would have been making a time-limited Trial, but we always believed time-limited trials are too restrictive, so we only limit by airport.

Default jetways cannot be disabled selectively, because they are just one single library object: you either disable them all globally, or you don't. It wouldn't have been possible to show the new replaced SODE jetways only at some places, without disabling the default ones globally, because that's the only way to disable them.

That's why there's a GSX Control Panel to restore them.

Of course it has been explained, in the announcement thread we posted in June when GSX Level 2 was announced, which has been read so far by more than 32.000 people:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17940.0.html

we are releasing it as an expansion, which means:

- The core GSX product will continue as it is, constantly updated for free in all its main features, so you won't have to pay for a new version, just to get rid of bugs of the old one...

- You are not being asked to pay for something you might not be interested right now.

- It's easier for us supporting it, because the code to maintain is only one, with just a different behavior depending if you bought the expansion or not so, this will give you the guaranteed of continued support for the whole GSX program.