Sign in to follow this  
sv1511

Textures stop Loading After Task Switch

Hi all,

I've been struggling with a very annoying problem lately in P3dv4.3. Sometimes (not all of the time), when I switch tasks, (i.e. select a song on Itunes), a strange problem occurs: first of all, the sound of the aircraft engines becomes a lot softer. I can still hear other cabin sounds, but the engine sounds are somehow turned down. Secondly, my terrain textures just stop loading, with results comparable to the last 3 pictures of this post: 

In combination with this, the textures of any add-on airports don't load anymore, I can only see their shape in black forms (and also black runways), but there are no textures.

This problems happens to me on quite a lot of flights, however, on some flights there is no problem whatsoever. The issue seems to be triggered by task switch, but quite randomly. I can select songs 6 different times without any problems and the seventh time it can cause this issue (these numbers are just examples).

The flight I have been doing to test this is EHAM-EGPH. I use the following add-ons:

• FlyTampa EHAM
  • Orbx Global, LC Europe, Vector, Trees
  • Orbx England and Scotland
  • UK2000 EGPH
  • PMDG 737NGX
  • Chaseplane
  • PrecipitFX
  • ActiveSky+ASCA
  • Envtex+Envshade
  • Just Flight Traffic Global

The programs I have running during this flight are:

• P3D
  • Chaseplane
  • VFX Central
  • Air Hauler 2
  • Aivlasoft EFB server+client
  • Itunes
  • Windows performance monitor

My system specs are:

• Intel i5-7600K
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Corsair Dominator 1x8GB RAM

This issue is really driving me crazy and I can't seem to find either the problem or the fix, please help!

Kind Regards,

Sven

11 hours ago, sv1511 said:

when I switch tasks, (i.e. select a song on Itunes), a strange problem occurs: first of all, the sound of the aircraft engines becomes a lot softer.

Hello Sven 

Welcome to the Avsim Forums.

Do you use the Add On SimstarterNG ? 

Try these two steps...

1) Launch Prepar3D go to Options - Sound and Un-tick the box for Mute On Lost Focus  and press Ok 

---

2) Then Type Sound into your windows search bar,  This will bring you to your "Sound Control Panel"  

Click on the "Communications"  tab,  By default this is set to "Reduce other sounds by 80%"

Tick the circle for "Do Nothing"  Click Apply and Ok 

Then launch Prepar3D and test 

11 hours ago, sv1511 said:

my terrain textures just stop loading, with results comparable to the last 3 pictures of this post: 

Does this happen if you were to limit your frames per second to 24 ? 

Thanks for the welcome!

I have never heard of “Add On SimstarterNG”, could you explain?

1: I will try the sound fix tomorrow, and see if this solves the sound part.

2: Have tried limiting my FPS (however, not to 24, as that gives me a HUGE FPS hit), and the issue was still there.

This is not a case of delayed texture/autogen loading, I’m afraid...

I sometimes have that, but the refresh scenery command always fixes this.

With this issue however, when I use “refresh scenery”, the bar loads up to anywhere between 25-32% (loading terrain) and then gets stuck. There is no way to make it go on and the only fix is closing P3D with the task manager.

If I save the flight before closing and then load it up again after restarting P3D, it works fine.

Hi all,

Sorry for my long absence, I have been caught up in work lately.

I have recently done some testing, and the issue only seems to occur on this specific flight, at this specific time (EHAM-EGPH, departure: 10:00).

At this time, there is a LOT of traffic around EHAM, so I was wondering if this might be the issue.

Could it be possible, that my RAM can't handle this amount of AI traffic and that this is what causes the issue?

I hope you guys can advise me here...

Thanks,

Sven

I have just carried out some more testing, and completely disabled my AI-traffic.

The same issue happened, so at least we can be sure that the traffic is not the issue.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what might cause this problem?

I suspect this is a Windows problem but, in any case, since you are not suffering from a crash (just that textures are not loading and, when they do they look blurry) so moving this to the P3D Forum.  In regards to textures not loading I-Tunes after six songs, I would suspect that is a problem with I-Tunes and you need to go to the owner of that product and tell them.  You do know you only have 8 GB's of RAM?  I hope you are overclocked to at least the optimal default (4.2GHz).  UK2000 is really resource intensive so, if you are loading that, I could see issues with loading textures.  AI takes a lot of resources with many AI programs and you may be getting resource issues with Just Flight Traffic Global depending on the percentage of AI you are loading.  I would recommend getting more RAM but I really do not think there is a solution to your problem unless you forget loading 6 or more I-Tune songs during the flight.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your advice!

I taken it to heart and have upgraded to 16 GB of RAM (DDR4, 3000MHz). I have furthermore switched to using my phone for playing music.

Howerver, the problem still continues to appear...

This problem is really driving me crazy... Do you (or anybody else) have any idea what might be going on here?