Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Holy smokes!

Draw dropping video!

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I just found it too. It is only not the region I fly in, otherwise they would have my money (I stopped spending money on regions I am not used to).

It's like having DCS scenery in XPlane. 😀

I'm torn as I spent so much money on Orbx stuff before making a switch to X-Plane.  But, it does look very nice!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I wonder what the impact will be on overall operation.  Scenery this dense must cause a real hit?

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Great Britain South will feature 42,000 square miles of hand-corrected, crisp, colour-matched aerial imagery.

Great Britain North on the other hand, will feature whippets, flat caps, black puddings, disused mills, with pubs and chip shops on every corner of all 42,000 square miles of its terraced housing. Animated brawling pubgoer figures and unlicensed minicabs will be everywhere and the scenery will be punctuated by branches of Poundstretcher and Aldi every 300 yards, making it the most authentic simulated portrayal of Northern England and Scotland ever created. In a landmark collaboration with HiFi Simulations, it will also override your weather settings and instead only load up permanent drizzle with leaden skies and a cloud base at 420 feet, to add an extra touch of gritty northern realism. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks wonderful, but wonder if included airports (if any) will be as low-tier quality as the airports included with TrueEarth Netherlads for P3D.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

As far as I remember, they decided to let X-Planes own default airports do their job and not to add their own low quality airports. Instead they are working on porting their own high quality airports to X-Plane.

22 minutes ago, Longranger said:

As far as I remember, they decided to let X-Planes own default airports do their job and not to add their own low quality airports. Instead they are working on porting their own high quality airports to X-Plane.

That would make more sense.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Great to see this, great video, really shows off Xplane11...alas, do not have the disk space for it but if I did, would I get it?  You betcha!

John

3 hours ago, lennie said:

Wish they offered it in P3D4!

It's coming to P3d v4.

I'm a big P3D v4 fan, but I've stayed away from ORBX True Earth addons because I decided to wait for them to be released for XPlane 11. The Netherlands will look amazing in XP11.

I guess the only thing I dislike is the low resolution ortho images they'll include in the scenery. Understandable due to the download size limit. But I hope Orbx will also consider the option of including say ZL17 ortho images and charge a (reasonably) higher price. I'll be in heaven if they do that.

Or, Orbx could let users use their own orthos. I'm willing just to buy their customized autogen layer alone and pair it with my own good Ortho4XP tiles. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11