Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Holy smokes!

Looks pretty crisp to me ...

4-045ee57b4b7fcc18b17967e77fc9c144.jpg

If you right-click on the above image and display it in its own browser window at full size it looks very impressive indeed. I'm sure there are parts of their source data which is so-so but you're missing the point. 95% or more of XP users don't have the time, skills or inclination to fiddle with Ortho4XP and fill their HDDs with terabytes of data and then end up with questionable object placement and trees all over the place in a random manner. This is a turn-key out of the box solution that Orbx will sell in droves. Hats off to them I say!

Edited by fta2017
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Yep, just what I pointed out. Look at that blurry, unrefined pixel pulp. It's nothing short of ridiculous to come up with this in 2018, actually asking people to pay for this.

That's why I walked away from P3D and FSX. Paying over and over for the latest and greatest scenery, only to be disappointed  as Colonel X has stated. Skip

4 hours ago, fta2017 said:

If you right-click on the above image and display it in its own browser window at full size it looks very impressive indeed. I'm sure there are parts of their source data which is so-so but you're missing the point. 95% or more of XP users don't have the time, skills or inclination to fiddle with Ortho4XP and fill their HDDs with terabytes of data and then end up with questionable object placement and trees all over the place in a random manner. This is a turn-key out of the box solution that Orbx will sell in droves. Hats off to them I say!

Hat's off to Tony for making it possible :-)

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I wonder if you could use Bing ZL17 orthos and get Ortho4XP to use overlay data from the Orbx package.  Now that'd be nice!

Corsair Obsidian 900D, ASUS Maximus XI Formula Motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz (HT off), 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 2TB SeaGate FireCuda NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 2 x 6TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA, nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, ASUS ROG curved ultrawide 1440p monitor.  All water-cooled with EKWB blocks.

That's exactly I was talking about. I wan to use my own ortho tiles with Orbx overlay. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

17 hours ago, FlyIce said:

I wan to use my own ortho tiles with Orbx overlay. 

Yes, you can do this

Did anyone spot the red/white lighthouse on the banks of the Thames right near City Airport? Hows that for an immersion breaker lol

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, fta2017 said:

I had the opportunity to fly this for a good 20mins at Cosford.  I would agree that in the screenshots highlighted in this thread, some of the ground looks uncrisp.  Having said that, when I flew at fairly low altitude (approx. 3k ft) over an area I know intimately, I really didn't get that feeling.  

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just flying a little tour from Southampton via Shoreham and then turning north into London. Did the same flight in P3D V4 with their England region before to have a comparison. But..... there absolutely is no comparison to what I am just seeing now. GB South wins in all aspects, from visuals over performance over the overall quality. It is just so amazing… I remember I was not nearly that impressed with True Earth Neverlands… Of course, only a first impression, but it is just amazingly gorgeous.. pictures just don´t do it justice. And the textures are pretty crisp as far as I can say so far.  OK, enough for now, enjoying a few more minutes before I have to go to bed (is 0:35 in Germany now). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For anyone who gets this, I hope you enjoy it. It's been a long time coming and a lot of work 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, tonywob said:

For anyone who gets this, I hope you enjoy it. It's been a long time coming and a lot of work 🙂

congrats tony

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

yes, congrats and many thanks from my side, too, Tony. I already admired your previous stuff, however, this has raised the bar to a new level.

Now it´s after 2 a.m. and I had to force myself to let go of this beautiful scenery. Tomorrow I will need to check one or two things with my custom scenery setup as I was missing Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and  the millennium dome (at least the last two should be there according to the product description and ORBX screenshot (and also as part of LR London landmarks or a port from their England region maybe?). But even without, this was the best representation of London I have seen so far in any sim. Impressive!

Oh, and one "funny" thing. Although I thought I had disabled my previous UK photoscenery before starting my flight, I missed one tile by accident…. You cannot imagine my face when there was this hard break between ORBX crisp images and the washed out ortho tile with XP11 standard autogen and trees all over fields again…. Luckily I immediately KNEW that this had to be a mistake on MY side… when I reloaded my flight, I was happy all over again. 

As I already said above, I really liked True Earth Netherlands and I love und use both my sims, but True Earth GB South is so much more vivid and alive thanks to Toni´s XP experience and all the hard work which got into this product. The XP engine really shows its strength with all this quality, and it is so relaxing and awesome when you can use all the good stuff in a sim that has clearly no issues with autogen loading and blurry ortho images…  even over London with all settings on maximum and extended shadow range / maps, my frames were far more than acceptable and way higher and more stable than in its London counterpart of the FTX England region.

I am looking forward to exploring a lot of south England and Wales the next days and weeks to come. Thanks!!!

• Like 1