Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Holy smokes!

27.35 GB - if anyone, like me, has XP11 via Steam, you'll probably have two XP11 selections when you open FTX Central.  Be careful to select the one with the path via Steam\SteamApps\common\XP11.  Otherwise it goes to  'Your name\documents\XP11 which isn't good. 

For anyone wondering about FPS.......

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wondering how that compares to a 1080, some people just have to much money...whats that $2000 for 5 fps ... I wonder

3 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Wondering how that compares to a 1080, some people just have to much money...whats that $2000 for 5 fps ... I wonder

Mine is converting at the moment. I'll post my FPS as soon as I have fired up the sim. I have a GTX1080ti + i7 6700k@4.5GHz

Edit:

Added some images and my settings.

• FPS is very good in my opinion
  • 45 - 70 FPS depending on the view and using this aircraft
  • Also running World Traffic plugin 
  • Screen Resolution is 3440x1440 Asus Predator monitor with G-SYNC

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Edited by Glenn_C
Added some images and extra text

Had a couple of hours' flying time in an area I know fairly well, and I'm very impressed. Two hourglass moments, but they were very brief (less than a second), and otherwise everything seems pretty smooth. Also tried it in VR, and again I like it so far. Have a look at the M25 at around 5 pm - it's not exactly a car park, but the road traffic is certainly very heavy.

Dugald

My "scenery.ini" has it as the top three entries - is this the correct placement? 

16 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

My "scenery.ini" has it as the top three entries - is this the correct placement? 

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/

No.  They should be at the very bottom and in the order A B C.  

I found this out after having no Landmark objects in London.

I settled for placing them at the bottom of custom scenery/addons and placing 'London objects', 'Barton' and the pertinent 'Aerosoft airports' above - seems good .

Edited by olderndirt

I don't use Xplane, but it is beginning to look and feel like a completely different sim to what it was.  Impressive looking.

• Like 1

I really feel proud for Tony!!!!

It's a MUST HAVE scenery indeed!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 6

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, Von Target said:

I really feel proud for Tony!!!!

Thanks Jose 😊

• Upvote 1

In your file the order should always be:

airports (custom at the top above default and global airports last)

libraries (landmarks, etc)

overlays (and objects like trees and farms)

ortho scenery

mesh

i believe the A file line in the package is libraries. There’s no mesh in this package, I don’t think. 

The thing to remember is that anything above in the list overrides anything below it  

Edited by Griphos