Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Holy smokes!

4 hours ago, tonywob said:

Thanks Jose 😊

I second that Tony, looked very good and I'm sure it will only improve over time :)

I can only afford to buy into one sim with this series so I'll wait to see how the P3D version looks before committing...

I presume you'll be including custom uk traffic on the correct side of the road for P3D Tony?  With the earth sims assets you have everything you need to do that... 😛

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just got mine up and running. Very, very impressive. So much detail and so well optimised....and the water masking works a treat. Tremendously impressed Tony  - so glad you got to do it properly with the right backing - will spend many hours enjoying it. Deserves to be a top seller. 

cheers

Peter

• Upvote 1

Got my copy yesterday and love the scenery. It s the most realistic scenery I have ever used and I use a lot of Orbx stuff in P3D. The number and variety of buildings and houses is just amazing, trees look realistic, shorelines look exceptional, dawn/dusk/night looks stunning, and framerates are quite good. When I used this in VR with Oculus Rift and my jaw fell to the floor with how beautifiul it looks and performs, and this is with a 4790K and a GTX970. 

I strongly recommend this scenery pack and am very much looking forward to the other Great Britain products.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I was on the fence too about ORBX and X-Plane but this shows an attention to detail unlike anything before. I am sold!

On my ageing GTX970 I am getting 40FPS over London and it is smooth. As an Ortho user I've never seen anything this good. 

Edited by leinsters

By and large, it's pretty word not allowed fine.  Perhaps a few too many 'green' cliffs around Landsend and an underwhelming set of 'white' cliffs at Dover.  Up in the big city, it really shines - London is a gasper and will test your settings to their limit.  Hopefully, before they release the next two, shorelines will be less colorful and more real.

Edited by olderndirt

On 10/12/2018 at 7:56 AM, tonywob said:

Yes, you can do this

Wow, that's fantastic. Since I haven't bought the product yet, is it as easy as pointing Ortho4XP to Orbx folder and letting it extract autogen overlays from it?

Edited by FlyIce

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

8 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

Since I haven't bought the product yet, is it as easy as pointing Ortho4XP to Orbx folder and letting it extract autogen overlays from it?

No you can't do that, however you can just disable the ortho layer in scenery_packs.ini file and use your own orthos. This is why there are 3 separate sceneries instead of 1.

• Upvote 1

A great package let down by the awful Suburban road depiction.  Someone tell Orbx we don't have major highways going through residential areas in the UK.  Swapping back to default road textures does help to hide them though.

Tried it last night and its pretty good, from GA height it is very convincing. Flew from Lands end and did a tour around west Cornwall. Great to pick out roads you grew up on. Two things stood out. Roads are far too wide through all the small towns and villages, is there a way to reduce the width? St Michael's mount is a shocker! 😉 Please consider an update, it is truly an icon of west Cornwall and deserves a custom model.

I did notice the lower resolution and grainyness that John Venema talked about but I can live with it.

Very happy with it, great work.

Chris

21 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Roads are far too wide through all the small towns and villages, is there a way to reduce the width? 

Glad somebody else has pointed this out.  Changing the textures back to default helps hide them a lot.

I tried TrueEarth GB last night too. It's a region I don't normally fly in but I can safely say that this will now change! I think it's the best flight sim experience I have ever had. I managed to max out all objects in London and still maintain between 26 and 36 fps for the most part (with the Aerobask robin and I am running a 1080gtx btw). I have never seen such a realistic cityscape and so many really well made landmarks. It is simply amazing. I also tried flying in Southampton and turned shadows on (with objects maxed out), and the effect was sublime all whilst keeping a high frame rate (around 30 to 40fps). The height of the trees and the way they follow the outline of fields and roadways is something I have not seen before. And so cool to have autogen that matches the style of the region. Just incredible.

I was sitting on the fence but I can now safely say I highly recommend it! The tech is very exciting. I can't wait for more regions.

I'm doing a VFR Coastal flight, flights 30-60mins, stopping at small airfields.

Breathtaking. 

Try the default C172 SP with G1000.  Payware quality.