Sign in to follow this  
F4RIO

Software Dual Installation And Second License Permission

Gentleman,

Just purchased a licence for the P3DV3/4 version of the 737.

I have a computer with both versions of P3D installed. I would like to install the aforementioned software for use in either version.

Your EULA states:

"One user may use the Software on the Customer's computer where the software was installed; you may use the Software on a second computer so long as only one copy is used at a time and only after having secured a second license permission from PMDG."

Question 1: Is it possible to install the software on my one PC so that the 737 is available in either version of P3D?

Question 2: Do I need a "second licence permission" to do so?

Questions 3/4: If the answers to the previous questions are yes, how do I do the installs and how do I obtain the "second licence permission"?

Thanks

Eric Dziura

I don't think it would be a violation of the EULA but I am wondering if the PMDG installer when attempting to install the second instance would see the existence of the first installation and treat the session as a repair or remove process.  I don't think it would install the second instance.

Out of curiosity, why would you keep the old 32b P3D still running?

Dan Downs KCRP

Your point concerning how the installer would react if the product has already been installed for one of the two versions of P3D is well taken. Another reason to ask if there is a procedure for the situation described in my post.

In answer to your question, I have a fair amount of scenery that runs only under P3DV3 and not P3DV4 that I would like to continue to use.

Thanks for your response.

Eric Dziura

But... isn't the P3Dv4 an 64-bit installer and the P3Dv3 is 32-bit installer?
I mean, would the 32-bit installer even be aware of P3Dv4?

As far as I know, the registry information is also kept in two different places, when it comes to 64-bit and 32-bit...

Or am I missing something? 

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Or am I missing something? 

PMDG products come with two installers:  FSX/FSXSE and P3D generally v3.3+

You don't need a 64b installer to install a 64b executable.  The installer is in itself an executable, and after it has written files and registered the components with the registry it exits.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 minutes ago, downscc said:

PMDG products come with two installers:  FSX/FSXSE and P3D generally v3.3+

You don't need a 64b installer to install a 64b executable.  The installer is in itself an executable, and after it has written files and registered the components with the registry it exits.

Thanks for the answer, Dan, but very I'm well aware of that. I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you feel it's necessary to point of things which are obvious. 😉

I thought I was pretty clear, with my answer... But apparently now.
My point was merely, whether or not the P3Dv4 installer was aware of registry keys for anything lower than P3D 4.X. 

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 10/7/2018 at 5:42 PM, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks for the answer, Dan, but very I'm well aware of that. I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you feel it's necessary to point of things which are obvious. 😉

I thought I was pretty clear, with my answer... But apparently now.
My point was merely, whether or not the P3Dv4 installer was aware of registry keys for anything lower than P3D 4.X. 

Clearly it isnt obvious. There are No 32&64 bits installers, its one installer for both, asking you wheter you want to install in v3/v4 if both are installed, thus it will be aware of registry keys for v3.

Luc de Wit

Edited by Kenzo

sig1.png
sig2.png

33 minutes ago, F4RIO said:

Didn't sign my post, so....

Eric Dziura

Forum rules by pmdg which say that all posts must be signed by first and last name. Easiest way is to use a signature which removes the hassle.