Sign in to follow this  
argosafe

Cosford 2018

Just back from the Flight Sim show. Excellent as always, just a few quid lighter than when I arrived! 

Your lucky tonights nightshift, I dealt with a number 2 engine pack bleed fault which caused the aircraft to came back onto stand twice. Luckily the MEL said ask iocc for any iceing expected on the route which there wasn't, so off he went 2 hours late, other than that a quiet shift.  I'd rather been at cosford although. 

14ppkc-6.png

Nice to finally meet you yesterday Alan. Instantly recognisable with your headwear. 😀 Hope you and Rick enjoyed the show. I may have found my next yoke. See the Hardware section.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I can describe Cosford 2018 in four words.....

....Flight Simulation Experience Reborn :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On a personal note, it was great to meet and spend more time with @Christopher Low and @kevinfirth ,   @simbol 's great family,  and fellow beta testers @Mike Sierra @GSproson.

Meeting up at events like this doesn't happen often enough and on many levels this was an excellent show weekend.   Certainly worth attendance to meet favourite developers, Twitch streamers and friends who don't glaze over when you talk about flightsimming :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

So, is anyone else experiencing post flightsim show depression yet? I miss you guys already!!

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I started my Cosford 2018 experience at 11:45 AM on Friday October 5. It took me about three hours to drive down from my home town of Ulverston, Cumbria, and I stayed in a local Premier Inn for two nights. I made the short trip to Shrewsbury on Friday evening to see Steve Waite (Steve W; creator of IdealFlight) and his friend Stewart (European Mountain Man on the ORBx forum). I was also hoping to see Kevin Firth at the same time, but he was unable to make it.

I arrived at RAF Cosford on Saturday morning nice and early (as usual), and parked myself at the entrance to Hangar 1 (in my usual spot at the front of the queue) around 45-50 minutes before the doors were due to open! Even so, I only beat the next two guys by about a minute, and more people started arriving very quickly. In fact, I was amazed at the length of the queue on such a cold and wet morning :ohmy: I guess this is testament to just how popular the Cosford Flightsim Show is becoming.

After being informed that Kevin Firth would not be coming to the show at all, I was surprised (and delighted) to see him walking towards me maybe ten minutes before the doors opened. I had not seen Kevin in two years, so that was a good start to the day!

After enjoying three quarters of an hour of hypothermia, the doors finally opened at 9:30 AM, and my fifth flightsim show experience commenced....and there was one stand that I wanted to visit more than any of the others. That was the FS Reborn stand, and it did not take Kevin and I long to make our way there. I was keen to meet Raul (Simbol) and his team, and I had mentioned previously that the FS Reborn stand was likely to be the "focal point" for me this year.

I was not disappointed. Frankly, I do not think that I have had a warmer welcome from a developer at the flightsim show (although Barry from SIM720 did a good job at Cosford 2015). It's funny how you read people's posts on the forum, and you "hear" them speak in an English accent......and then you meet them in the real world :wink: I was also happy to see Erich Berner again (now an FS Reborn beta tester). We had met two years ago at Cosford 2016, but it was a quick two minute affair, and then we went our separate ways. It was good to get to know him better, and also to meet Raul's wife, and two other members of the team (Grant and Mike; otherwise known as GSproson and SierraHotel on these forums).

I had a wander around the various stands during the day, although it was extremely busy right from the start. I also managed to get into the ORBx seminar, even though I arrived slightly late, and it was full with no vacancies (this is where knowing the JustFlight guys really helps) :wink: However, I always ended up back at the FS Reborn stand, and having this focal point made a massive difference to my flightsim show experience. I really enjoyed my first two visits to Cosford (2014 because it was my first ever flightsim show, and 2015 because I met Kevin Firth and Barry Hudson (SIM720) for the first time, and also Ben Weston of Airline2Sim fame). Ben had a stand at the 2015 show, so again I had a kind of "base" that I could return to from time to time. This was not the case in 2016 (although I did meet another UK2000 beta tester) and 2017, and I left both of those shows feeling somewhat deflated and disappointed. Thankfully, meeting Raul and the FS Reborn team this year has reignited my enthusiasm for the show, and that is very encouraging for the future.

On a side note, I really wish that SIM720 were still developing airport addons for P3D :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Thankfully, meeting Raul and the FS Reborn team this year has reignited my enthusiasm for the show, and that is very encouraging for the future.

Chris,

I am so pleased that we could made you feel this way as I wanted to pass all my enthusiasms and passion for the hobby to all visitors in our stand, don't feel sad or depressed, we will be there next year and hopefully we will make you and many other feel even better next time!.

And as I told you and other UK flying members, I am planning to do some meetings / events with UK base simmers to keep re-igniting that inner passion inside all of us, so I am sure we will see each other again way before Cosford 2019 :wink:

Regards,
S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

And as I told you and other UK flying members, I am planning to do some meetings / events with UK base simmers to keep re-igniting that inner passion inside all of us, so I am sure we will see each other again way before Cosford 2019 :wink:

I am counting on it, Raul :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for coming over Chris!

FS Reborn, they're so happenin' - no g. Raul - a great host - maximum enthusiasm.

Thanks for having us Raul!

Appreciated - Jess and Richard on the PCPilot stand - them too.

Appreciated - Camaron on the Infinite Flight stand - and those.

Aimee at ORBX - glad to meet.

A very good show which was looking to become a bit drab but all in all did very well - looking forward to next year.

• Like 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com