Sign in to follow this  
BK2

Throttles problem ONLY after touchdown

Hi.

Looking for ideas to resolve this. Using Pro flight yoke system and a  pro flight throttle quadrant. Currently, with the 748, I am experiencing problems with the throttles ONLY after touchdown (following a flight). Cannot taxi properly after landing.

The throttles are not stable, wobbling up and down, not even, and "produce thrust" high above mid position of the throttles. I did not see this behavior so far (before last update) while using the 744 or the 777.

tried to re-calibrate after landing the 748 but to no results.

I am not using FSUIPC but direct sim control as recommended by PMDG. Also, I cannot say at the moment if other aircraft present the same problem. Need to test and verify.

Thanks

Benny K

Hi Benny, please note PMDG forum rules ask for our full name on all posts.

I've not seen this problem reported during testing or since release of the -8.  I am trying to guess at anything that would cause such a thing and only after landing.  Are you landing with A/T engaged or disengaged?  Does reverse thrust work as expected?  Is this something that happens after the application of reverse thrust?  Does it happen if you don't use reverse thrust?

Lot more info please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan.

Thank you for the reply. Answers to your questions:

1. A/T engaged during landing.

2. Revers thrust do work. I noticed that Spoilers do not deploy during braking (Outside view) but this is probably something else...

3. Yes. Reverse thrust applied, A/C slows down to stop. Then an attempt to taxi will see this problem.

4. Did not try without applying reverse thrust. I will add this to the To Do list for next time...

Benny Kupfer

1 hour ago, BK2 said:

I am not using FSUIPC but direct sim control as recommended by PMDG

Make sure that you have a large null zone setup.  

I use FSUIPC for all my controls except for the ailerons and elevator.  I use PFC yoke and throttle quadrant. 

Grace and Peace,

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 10/6/2018 at 8:11 PM, Bluestar said:

Make sure that you have a large null zone setup.  

I use FSUIPC for all my controls except for the ailerons and elevator.  I use PFC yoke and throttle quadrant. 

Grace and Peace,

How large a Null zone? is 50% makes sense? Yesterday I tuned the null zone to 50% with no effect on the problem.

Thank you

Benny K

3 hours ago, BK2 said:

How large a Null zone? is 50% makes sense? Yesterday I tuned the null zone to 50% with no effect on the problem.

Thank you

Benny K

Every system is different, it is trial and error.  Make sure that the AXIS is turned off in P3d if using FSUIPC.  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam