Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Immersion for 747-8i?

Hello! 

The description on the product page says only for "PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II" and no other airplane. 

Does this mean it is not working with the -8i and -8f addon from PMDG? 

Thanks! 

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The 747 Immersion Package works with both the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II, as well as the newly released 747-8. Not sure why that is not clear on there page but they did say it during the announcement. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

747 Immersion supports the -8 expansion. We will update the product page to reflect that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

The 747 Immersion Package works with both the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II, as well as the newly released 747-8. Not sure why that is not clear on there page but they did say it during the announcement. 

Thank you very much. Now I will enjoy the awesome wing and engine condensation (like this effect the most) 

🙂

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Is the B747 QOS II Immersion package for FSX Acceleration ?  On the Old Prop'  ad page it only mentions "P3D V4 or Newer",  unless I missed

something.

Thank you,

Ken Boardman 

Ken Boardman

747 immersion looks good.  Got to the gate and found this...

https://prntscr.com/l2yqdx

not sure how to insert as a photo, but had effects running, at gate, with 748 completely shut down.

Edited by 510drvr

Can you send us the log.txt file from the Immersion Manager folder after shutting it down?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

15 minutes ago, Elsmoko said:

Is the B747 QOS II Immersion package for FSX Acceleration ?  On the Old Prop'  ad page it only mentions "P3D V4 or Newer",  unless I missed

something.

Thank you,

Ken Boardman 

747 and 717 Immersion only supports P3Dv4

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

8 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Can you send us the log.txt file from the Immersion Manager folder after shutting it down?

will do, I sent you a PM, about what email to send the log file to.

Edited by 510drvr

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

747 and 717 Immersion only supports P3Dv4

Thank you for the reply Keven. 

Are there any plans for an FSX version ?

Ken

Ken Boardman

9 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

747 Immersion supports the -8 expansion. We will update the product page to reflect that.

That's the answer I was looking for! Off to purchase now :)

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

6 hours ago, Elsmoko said:

Thank you for the reply Keven. 

Are there any plans for an FSX version ?

Ken

I believe they said no to FSX due to the 32bit limitations. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

There is no plan for FSX support. FSX just doesn’t have the APIs we need to do what we do.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

The  Immersion package for the FSX PMDG T7  looks good (I bought it);  So there must be something (unique) about the FSX PMDG QOS II

that is problematic concerning the creation of the immersion for it ..........  What a shame.

Ken

Ken Boardman