Sign in to follow this  
IainMillar

FlightFactor B777

Hi all, just a question to help me decide whether to buy the FF777... I am currently doing a real world B777 type rating, and would like a good 777 sim to help practice with procedures both normal and non normal. 

I am aware that the community views the FF 777 as badly needing an update.  Why is this - aesthetic issues or functional issues?

What limitations will I find the aircraft has when using it in this role?  Are there any big gaps in the functionality of the Systems, Failure modelling, FMS, Electronic checklist?  Just so I fully understand any limitations of the sim before committing a significant lump of cash to it!

Also, are the FDs the wing type, or the vertical and horizontal bars type, and can you swap these over?

Thanks in advance!

Iain.

To be honest you will find your answers quite quickly on YouTube reviews. Just type Flight Factor 777 in YouTube search

But in short

1. Failure modelling, Only X-Plane failure modeling I believe so pretty useless if you are doing a type rating

2. FMC, The Flight Factor rendition is not indicative of the real FMC so if you are doing a real world type rating I would stick to that.

3. Electronic checklist? Yes but not sure how accurate it is.

This video might help your decision.

• Like 1

I hate to be one to steer away from the sim in which you are inquiring but if you want something as close to what you can expect in the real world aircraft, it would be the PMDG 777 for P3D. And yes I do own BOTH the FF 777 and the PMDG 777. The Flight Factor one was a great revolutionizing aircraft for X-Plane but it is rather dated now.

• Like 2

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I own the FF 777 and would not purchase it now. As PWJT8D said, it is rather dated and I would wait for V2.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Iain,

if you want a rather accurate modelling of the 777 for TR, I would also recommend PMDG 777 in P3DV4.

Cheers,
Chris

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

PMDG has a reputation for authenticity right down to minutia but you will need fsx or p3d to run it.