Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

No Internal sounds MD11 in FSX

The last time I used the MD11 was several months ago and everything worked fine then.  Tried to use it today and can get none of the internal panel sounds to play.  I checked the intro manual and it mentions a PMDG SOUND entry in the FSX add-on menu but none is present when I load up the plane.  Tried several different models but still no PMDG SOUND menu option.  I assume that this is related to my issue.  I have checked and those sound files are present in the SOUND/PMDG menu within FSX and they all play correctly and the DLL's are present within my CFG file.  Just to be sure, however, I deleted my CFG file and had it recreate but still no joy.  I am tempted to reinstall the plane but Kyle says that rarely solves the problem.  I don't expect a trouble ticket on this old plane would get much attention so my hope is that someone who still monitors this site might have had such a problem and could offer a solution.  I have searched the forum but found no other post related to this.  Any help will indeed be appreciated.  All engine sounds play normally.

Craig

Issue Resolved.  I have Win10 and that probably says it all.  Whatever interaction Microsoft's continual updates caused to MD-11 was corrected when I re-ran the installer and selected "repair" option.  It now works as it should.

Craig

On 10/7/2018 at 1:02 PM, HiFly said:

Issue Resolved.  I have Win10 and that probably says it all.  Whatever interaction Microsoft's continual updates caused to MD-11 was corrected when I re-ran the installer and selected "repair" option.  It now works as it should.

Craig

Hi,

After months and months without using the MD11, some news made me want to fly again on the MD11 PMDG ;-).
I encountered the same sound problem. The motors were audible but no other sounds were working (test, buttons etc etc.).
After reading your message, I just reinstalled the update v1.20.0055 and everything is working again. So thank you!
It doesn't seem to be related to W10 since I have W7U64.
Strangely enough, the MD11 must not like to be left behind ;-). Once before a few years ago, I had left it out for several months. When I reused it, all the panels were flanked by a red cross everywhere. Again, after contacting the support, I had to reinstall it and the problem was fixed.

I'm on P3Dv4.3 now but FSX has remained installed, which allows me from time to time to enjoy some important addons that have not been converted.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

For what it's worth, the sound thing is usually related to a misconfigured sound setup - in Windows directly, or in the sim itself.

Kyle Rodgers