Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Fulcrum Yoke demonstrated at Cosford FS Show

40 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

P.S. Look very carefully at the Yoko in this video... :wink:

Almost impossible to see the yoke handle in that video but I assume it now has a hat switch. That will have been retrospectively added presumably after customer complaints.

In comparison Fulcrum has added one from the outset.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Almost impossible to see the yoke handle in that video

BPncgKx.jpg

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

@MarkDH, I believe you but I still will wait for the Fulcrum. This is the Fulcrum topic after all. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Almost impossible to see the yoke handle in that video but I assume it now has a hat switch. That will have been retrospectively added presumably after customer complaints.

In comparison Fulcrum has added one from the outset.

Virtual Fly Is coming out shortly with a new yoke with Hall sensors and a traditional Hat switch. Its still going to be expensive thou.  

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

29 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Virtual Fly Is coming out shortly with a new yoke with Hall sensors and a traditional Hat switch. Its still going to be expensive thou.  

May I suggest you start a separate topic with that news. This is the Fulcrum topic.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

May I suggest you start a separate topic with that news. This is the Fulcrum topic.

Get over yourself, you brought it up.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

37 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

Get over yourself, you brought it up.

No I didn’t. I responded to a question about the Yoko.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I’ve linked to a video on our Facebook page from a young promising youtuber who was at flightsim2018 and has put together a great set of interviews with developers at the show. We have an interview which starts at 30:25 into the video. It is worth a watch as he covers a good number of devs including dead stick and orbx.

https://www.facebook.com/274213679880741/posts/277666256202150/

Here is the video in case you don’t use Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfr8CT5xGRc&feature

Chris

Edited by tutmeister
  • Upvote 1

Hi, thanks for starting this topic Ray. I've been looking to get back into flight simming after a very long hiatus but I've been disappointed when reviewing the controller options that flight simmers currently have. To put some perspective on that, the sim racing community have fantastic high quality choices these days and you can obtain very high quality with a cost effective outlay (such as the Fanatec range). But flight simmers seem to have largely been left behind. I'm not trying to disrespect people who are happy with their inexpensive setups, but if you are coming from the sim racing ecosystems to flight simming it really is currently either a significant step down or you are forking out very high dollars in relative terms to maintain the same semblance of quality. I'll be following the introduction of this yoke with interest as it would seem to be a high quality one that fits within a reasonable price range.

Tutmeister: can I just ask as I am not familiar with the attachments mechanisms for yokes. Would this new yoke bolt into the flight simming stands and cockpits made by companies such as Next Level?

Thanks

Edited by JonP01

You're welcome Jon. If you need quality pedals check the Thrustmaster TPR topic near this one.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, JonP01 said:

Hi, thanks for starting this topic Ray. I've been looking to get back into flight simming after a very long hiatus but I've been disappointed when reviewing the controller options that flight simmers currently have. To put some perspective on that, the sim racing community have fantastic high quality choices these days and you can obtain very high quality with a cost effective outlay (such as the Fanatec range). But flight simmers seem to have largely been left behind. I'm not trying to disrespect people who are happy with their inexpensive setups, but if you are coming from the sim racing ecosystems to flight simming it really is currently either a significant step down or you are forking out very high dollars in relative terms to maintain the same semblance of quality. I'll be following the introduction of this yoke with interest as it would seem to be a high quality one that fits within a reasonable price range.

Tutmeister: can I just ask as I am not familiar with the attachments mechanisms for yokes. Would this new yoke bolt into the flight simming stands and cockpits made by companies such as Next Level?

Thanks

You are right! I'm using a 10 year old force feed back stick because nobody bothered to create a new one. Why? There is a gap in the market that needs to be filled 

• Like 1

ZORAN

5 hours ago, JonP01 said:

Thanks

Hi Jon

There are two options for mounting the yoke. The first is a fairly standard desk clamp like you see on other yokes or steering wheels. The other is to use the m8 threaded inserts on the bottom of it. You will be able to drill your desk or stand and bolt it to it. I can’t guarantee the positioning of them will match all flight sim stands as honestly I haven’t worried about that bit yet. That is something I can very easily tweak in the drawings before we start producing the final version. It is something that will be taken into account and I will look at common stands and try and accommodate them.

zoran, I agree! No decent force feedback stick. I ended up converting a sidewinder ffb2 into a floor mounted stick as there is nothing out there.

Chris

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 6:42 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

You're welcome Jon. If you need quality pedals check the Thrustmaster TPR topic near this one.

Thanks Ray. Yes, pedals are almost as difficult to choose as a yoke (or joystick). I once had a set of the venerable CH USB pedals but they were not quite as silky smooth and precise feeling as I would have liked (though pretty decent and functional of course and very good value for the money). To make the choices more difficult, I think after much consideration I will be flying a desk and not an actual cockpit which means the pedals will be on carpet and the yoke attached to the desk via a clamp (and removable so I can use the new machine I will be building for other purposes in between flying time).

Those TPR pedals seem to be quite incredible (after Google searching a few weeks ago), but I'm not sure how I would get them to work if they were not mounted. Anyway, that is for the other thread :)

On 10/30/2018 at 8:43 AM, tutmeister said:

Hi Jon

There are two options for mounting the yoke. The first is a fairly standard desk clamp like you see on other yokes or steering wheels. The other is to use the m8 threaded inserts on the bottom of it. You will be able to drill your desk or stand and bolt it to it. I can’t guarantee the positioning of them will match all flight sim stands as honestly I haven’t worried about that bit yet. That is something I can very easily tweak in the drawings before we start producing the final version. It is something that will be taken into account and I will look at common stands and try and accommodate them.

Thanks for the very speedy reply! I think in the end many flight simmers will care more about clamping anyway. In my experience the race sim community are very full-on when it comes to permanent cockpit setups (which require the hard mounting) and there is some logic behind that because unlike civilian flight simming, race simming can get quite physical at the wheel, especially with modern force feedback wheels pushing out very high torque. And then even more so if motion is part of the package. With civilian flying, as we all know it is about a precise and delicate touch (and feel) and about economical movements (combat simming completely different but joysticks are obviously optimal in that case).

In any event, Fanatec has arguably become the defacto standard for hard mounting configuration and their templates can be found on their website. So although far from me to suggest it, emulating the Fanatec mounting template would enable the yoke to bolt into any rig that supports Fanatec wheel hardware (which is any cockpit on the modern market worthy of the name). That is what I would be doing anyway, in the absence of coming up with a bespoke solution.

Thank you Ray for starting this topic.  I am also looking for a good yoke.  I will monitor the progress of Fulcrum!