Sign in to follow this  
aaronkia

British Airways 'crest'

Hello, 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but would someone who knows what they're doing with liveries be able to add the 'crest' to the British Airways livery as this is what all BA aircraft have? Here is a link to what I mean https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=british+airways+crest&rlz=1C1NDCM_enGB759GB759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidyr68tfTdAhVkJMAKHZLbAmsQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=958#imgrc=QmL10UUoF9PkSM:

Many thanks, 

Aaron K 🙂 

I think you will find PMDG have faithfully reproduced all of the airline liveries they have released.  Although I haven't checked them all for accuracy myself they look pretty good to me and I presume they are based on the period in time when each livery was being created.  For example, the BA Crest has not always been present on some of this airline's external color schemes (the old Landor scheme being one obvious exception).

When I started looking at some BA liveries on real aircraft, there is in fact a great deal of variance as to whether a particular paint carried the crest.

Not diving too deep into the dates on the pictures, I'm assuming (and hoping) that BA made the decision to either carry or not carry the crest related to a time period, so for example if they decided to take it off in 2012, but put it back in 2014, there is where you're seeing the lack of a crest Aaron. (let's hope its a date thing and not some other obscure reason)

PMDG paints have the year that paint was valid when you look at the details.  If you are referring to the 747-8 BA paints (there is a pax and freighter PMDG released), they are fictional, therefore would not technically need to include a date the paint would be valid.

With that said, Pete's paints are valid as being both fictional and not having to conform to a specific date period.

Phew....To answer your question though...yes...a painter would have no problem dropping the crest on the paint.

UFjspL.jpg

Unfortunately I can't actually do it and give it to you because it is not my paint...and sadly (almost unbelievably) I've not painted a BA 747 and if it was lacking a crest and you wanted it, I'd gladly do it and send it to you.

If you want this one on the official PMDG paint, you'll need to ask them, probably best in the form of a ticket.  

If you want it on Alex's 748 Freighter, you'd of course have to ask him.

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

12 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

When I started looking at some BA liveries on real aircraft, there is in fact a great deal of variance as to whether a particular paint carried the crest.

Not diving too deep into the dates on the pictures, I'm assuming (and hoping) that BA made the decision to either carry or not carry the crest related to a time period, so for example if they decided to take it off in 2012, but put it back in 2014, there is where you're seeing the lack of a crest Aaron. (let's hope its a date thing and not some other obscure reason)

PMDG paints have the year that paint was valid when you look at the details.  If you are referring to the 747-8 BA paints (there is a pax and freighter PMDG released), they are fictional, therefore would not technically need to include a date the paint would be valid.

With that said, Pete's paints are valid as being both fictional and not having to conform to a specific date period.

Phew....To answer your question though...yes...a painter would have no problem dropping the crest on the paint.

UFjspL.jpg

Unfortunately I can't actually do it and give it to you because it is not my paint...and sadly (almost unbelievably) I've not painted a BA 747 and if it was lacking a crest and you wanted it, I'd gladly do it and send it to you.

If you want this one on the official PMDG paint, you'll need to ask them, probably best in the form of a ticket.  

If you want it on Alex's 748 Freighter, you'd of course have to ask him.

Not going to happen I'm afraid. As you said, it may have simply just not been on there. Sometimes we use older pictures, sometimes newer ones..
It's up to the painter really, it's just their preference (as I'm sure you'd agree).

Hi gents, thanks for your replies! 

I'd love to see the crest added to the passenger variant of the 747-8 (sorry I should've stated that originally!) so hopefully the PMDG team would be able to add it or another painter would be able to create the BA livery with it on soon 🙂 

Edit: & just wanted to say that I have been a long time fan of your work Steve and Alex so thank you for everything!

Edited by aaronkia
edit
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, aaronkia said:

I'd love to see the crest added to the passenger variant of the 747-8

Hi, please note PMDG forum rules ask for our full name on all posts.

The BA B747-8i is fictional, of course I know you know that.  May I suggest that you make your request for a specific livery with your specifications in the AVSIM painter's forum?

Dan Downs KCRP

Crest added to fuse.  Look for OC update "Shortly"

BA1.jpg

Pete Mac Paint

Edited by Mac_Paint
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Mac_Paint said:

Service with a smile! 🙂 Thanks Pete!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 10/9/2018 at 3:13 AM, Mac_Paint said:

Hi Pete,

Just wondering if it was updated yet?

Many thanks,

Aaron Kia

4 hours ago, aaronkia said:

Hi Pete,

Just wondering if it was updated yet?

Many thanks,

Aaron Kia

Check your installed liveries in the Operations Center/Livery downloader. If there‘s an update for a livery then there will be a red „update“ banner on it instead of „installed“.

That's awesome that the OP got his crest! Great job painters! While we can't always get the liveries we want, when we want them, I think we should praise the folks that give us our favorite paints!

Thank you guys!

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma