Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

PayloadManagerX 0.96 released: Sky Diving

Hello @ll,

With version 0.96 of PayloadManagerX it is possible to drop any object that you have attached to your aircraft (except the pilots and passengers…)

This also makes it possible to drop parachute jumpers, so a few models have been included. You can even jump after the parachutists yourself, using a fully flyable chute.

0.96 is in the test phase currently, the plan is to release it before the end of October. The app will remain freeware (and is for P3D V4.x only).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2

LORBY-SI

And here is the next preview, the sky diving part is nearly complete now:

Best regards

• Like 2

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

PayloadManager X 0.96 has been released. It is available as a freeware download on the Lorby-SI website

• You can now drop the objects that you have attached to your aircraft
  • You can add and then release AI parachute jumpers
  • You can sky dive from your own aircraft using a "pilotable" 3D avatar. 

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

Cool.  Question:  If I'm the pilot of the airplane and skydive out of it, what happens to the airplane/sim?  Will it crash the airplane or the sim session after the airplane crashes, etc?  Can I get back into the airplane and continue after landing as the skydiver?  Just trying to figure out what happens when I go from "pilot" to "skydiver" sim-wise.

Rick Ryan

1 hour ago, FalconAF said:

Cool.  Question:  If I'm the pilot of the airplane and skydive out of it, what happens to the airplane/sim?  Will it crash the airplane or the sim session after the airplane crashes, etc?  Can I get back into the airplane and continue after landing as the skydiver?  Just trying to figure out what happens when I go from "pilot" to "skydiver" sim-wise.

Hello Rick,

just what happens in real life.

• If you jump from an aircraft as a sky diver, it will continue to fly  - as an AI in an endless circular pattern around the point where you jumped. You cannot get back into it.
  • If you bail out from an aircraft it will plummet down out of control and crash.
  • In both cases, when you reach the ground, you "are" the Avatar that was used for jumping, and can walk around in it.
    Edit: to clarify: this is not the same as the "Avatar mode" where you can get in and out of your aircraft. When you jump, the Avatar becomes your own vehicle, you "pilot" the Avatar. Just the same as if you select an Avatar on the "Select vehicle" dialog.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

OK, thanks.  I saw in the bailout video the plane crashes, but was curious about if I voluntarily left being the pilot, 'cos it looked like in the other video there were passengers loaded and they were the ones jumping.

OK...one other question.  I used to skydive many, many years ago.  Did it for about 4 years before I joined the Air Force.  "Normal" terminal velocity in the spread eagle freefall position is about 120 MPH.  About 200 MPH in the head down "track" position.  The rate of descent for the skydiver in the video looked a lot slower than that, based on the decreasing altitude numbers that were being shown.  Is that a limitation of the sim, or something else?    

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

9 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Is that a limitation of the sim, or something else?

Something else probably. I didn't make the FDE for the parachute, so I can't really comment on that. If you know your way around an aircraft.cfg, I suppose that you can change the flight (or rather "fall") parameters relatively easily. 

Please don't expect close to real-life dynamics here. This is more about fun than realism. I am just a programmer, providing the mechanics to make the jump work at all in the sim. But I am not an aircraft designer, so I asked someone who is, if I could use his product. To my untrained eye that looked pretty good, so I settled for it.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

25 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

were passengers loaded and they were the ones jumping.

That is possible too. You can load a couple of jumpers in your plane, make them jump, and then either leave it at that or follow them (manually or automatically). If you leave it, the aircraft will still continue as an AI, flying in circles.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi,

just installed the payload manager and it's awesome how easy it seems to be used....probably 🤔.

Means, everything works fine - it connects my selected aircraft immediately to the programme, scans all my objects, I am able to make a list of all needed attachable objects and I am able to see the blue squares to the right. I also can move them with my mouse as suggested. BUT: I have the problem that I am not able to add any object to my selected aircraft!

Furthermore, I notice that just when I am starting PMX, my flightsim gets paused while for example the Maule in the tutorial video is still running. Is this correct and/or what did I wrong? Each hint is much welcome...

8 hours ago, Manschy said:

Hi,

just installed the payload manager and it's awesome how easy it seems to be used....probably 🤔.

Means, everything works fine - it connects my selected aircraft immediately to the programme, scans all my objects, I am able to make a list of all needed attachable objects and I am able to see the blue squares to the right. I also can move them with my mouse as suggested. BUT: I have the problem that I am not able to add any object to my selected aircraft!

Furthermore, I notice that just when I am starting PMX, my flightsim gets paused while for example the Maule in the tutorial video is still running. Is this correct and/or what did I wrong? Each hint is much welcome...

Hi,

make sure that "pause on task switch" has been disabled in P3D. Top Menu -> Options -> General > fist checkbox top left.

Normally this is mentioned in all my manuals, but it seems to be missing from the PMX doc.

Best regards

LORBY-SI