Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

De-Lid tool recommendations

10 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

I use Coollabs Liquid Pro under the IHS - slightly higher thermal conductivity than Conductonaut.  That being said, I did just order Kryonaut for use on top of the IHS so I'm eager to compare that with my previous favorite paste - IC Diamond compound. Probably not much of a difference in performance but the IC Diamond is not my favorite paste to apply - so thick...

Ha, yes, Diamond used to be my go to paste. I used the 5mm blob method though, so the viscosity didn't bother me.

IC Diamond 24 and Kryonaut are the same re temp.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-8.html

Edited by martin-w

So one of the nice things of living in a big city like Toronto is you can get someone else to delid your CPU.  Found a guy to do it for $40, used Kryonaut.  I watched him the entire time and honestly there is no way i would do a better job and he was using the latest Rockit Tool 88 that I was about to buy.  I saved some $$$ and got it done. Temps are nice a low now and I am working on my overclock which is kind of stable at 4.8 and 1.32 volts.  LLC is bringing it down to 1.30 when running P3D.  Temps are in the low 40's.  I just need to confirm things are perfectly stable and them may try for higher.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

8 hours ago, MarkW said:

So one of the nice things of living in a big city like Toronto is you can get someone else to delid your CPU.  Found a guy to do it for $40, used Kryonaut.  I watched him the entire time and honestly there is no way i would do a better job and he was using the latest Rockit Tool 88 that I was about to buy.  I saved some $$$ and got it done. Temps are nice a low now and I am working on my overclock which is kind of stable at 4.8 and 1.32 volts.  LLC is bringing it down to 1.30 when running P3D.  Temps are in the low 40's.  I just need to confirm things are perfectly stable and them may try for higher.  

KRYONAUT..... then he used the wrong TIM!

Kryonaut is not liquid metal. He should have used Conductonaut liquid metal! Pointless to use Kyronaut. If he did, he didn't know what the hell he was doing. 

Are you sure he didn't use Conductonaut liquid metal?

26 minutes ago, MarkW said:

No he used the right one, I just called it the wrong thing.  It was Conductonaut liquid metal.

you ar not alone😉

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

No he used the right one, I just called it the wrong thing.  It was Conductonaut liquid metal.

Ha, like Hasse, and you, I've done that before. They should rename it Super-Duper-Liquid-Metal-Magic V2. 😊

Hi,

Last year I purchased a de-lidded and binned processor from this company. They also provide a 1 year warranty. I picked up a guaranteed 5.2 GHz chip. Have been very happy with my choice. Currently, they are waiting for the release of the latest Intel chips.....so you have to check daily to see when and what they have availabile.

https://siliconlottery.com/

Buying a chip from Amazon or NewEgg is a crapshoot as you don’t know if your chip is slow or fast at a set voltage.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB