Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Activation warning

Just wondering why I keep getting a warning every time I start P3D after installing the pmdg747 immersion pack, I'm continuously getting a warning to open VFX Central first to activate my serial number, but it also says it's already activated, something to do with the new immersion manager?

Cheers Rod 

Can you post a screenshot of the error here as well as your VFXCentral?

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Kevin, I'm not sure what's happening but I've fired up the sim a few times now, loaded the 747 and no warning appeared, weird, but if happens again I'll post a shot, sorry for wasting your time, but it seems like the effects aren't working, flying through dense cloud at dusk there is no landing light, nav light or strobe light glow, no wing tip vortex either, there is also no activity on the immersion dash board, like no green lights, the only one that shows is the engine smoke (green light), I'll continue to monitor this and see where it goes.

Regards Rod.

Here it is again Kevin, can you point me in the direction on how to manually activate the product. I'm having a real problem trying to upload a screen shot of my issue, basicly VFXC say's everything is activated, Immersion doesn't show up in the addons either, spending hours trying to get things to work shouldn't be happening, why did we have to change the concept that already worked.https://imgur.com/a/8dqOOX4

Regards Rod.https://imgur.com/a/ykFNHSA

Edited by doublebubble

On 10/9/2018 at 8:51 AM, doublebubble said:

Here it is again Kevin, can you point me in the direction on how to manually activate the product. I'm having a real problem trying to upload a screen shot of my issue, basicly VFXC say's everything is activated, Immersion doesn't show up in the addons either, spending hours trying to get things to work shouldn't be happening, why did we have to change the concept that already worked.https://imgur.com/a/8dqOOX4

Regards Rod.https://imgur.com/a/ykFNHSA

Anybody? Ok the above error warning is back again, I don't seem to have an error log anywhere, if I do where would it be? if it would help, I also lost a contrail on no.4 engine with the 747 as per another post but no support on either issue, need some advise please.

Cheers Rod.

10 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

Anybody? Ok the above error warning is back again, I don't seem to have an error log anywhere, if I do where would it be? if it would help, I also lost a contrail on no.4 engine with the 747 as per another post but no support on either issue, need some advise please.

Cheers Rod.

Send us a request here for the activation issue and the contrails issue. Please include a log.txt file in the Immersion Manager folder right after observing the issue: https://oldprop.com/sim/support/products/747Immersion/

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

17 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Send us a request here for the activation issue and the contrails issue. Please include a log.txt file in the Immersion Manager folder right after observing the issue: https://oldprop.com/sim/support/products/747Immersion/

I've sent the request Kevin but I do not have a Log.txt file, there just isn't one there, the only files in the Immersion Manager folder is Libraries, Effects and Immersion Manager Application.

Regards Rod.

The log is created when you are using the application. Check again when the sim is running and when you are having the issue with the contrails. Send me the log only after observing the issue.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Kevin, just to confirm, before the Immersion manager and 747 immersion was installed I never had to log in to my VFXCentral to have the effect packages work in the sim, now it seems to get the effects to work I have to log in first prior to starting the sim, if I don't log in Immersion manager doesn't show up in the addons tab, so log in first is mandatory now?

Cheers Rod.

You shouldn't have to log in at every launch unless you log out of VFX Central or if you change your hardware.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

11 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

You shouldn't have to log in at every launch unless you log out of VFX Central or if you change your hardware.

So I log in once, use the sim, when finished with the sim just shut it all down then next time I can just leave VFXC to do its own thing? (stay logged in)  I just never had to log into VFXC before.

Cheers Rod.

Immersion Manager requires you to be logged into VFXCentral. It will log in automatically unless you logged out previously. You shouldn't have to to anything when the sim launches.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ok thanks, the activation warning issue only seems to happen when I'm not logged in, so I suppose there related.

Cheers Rod.

It is related, Immersion Manager requires you to be logged into VFXCentral.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42