Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D 4.3 Loading time

Hello, usually while starting p3d used to load UT live and Ezdok. Took a few seconds and started. Now while I I format my PC and it’s fresh installation with the same amount of add ons, I can not understand why takes so long time to open.

Please any advise and solution?

George

Nobody will be able to give you a helpful answer based on that information.  

How long was a few seconds?  How long is it taking now?  Do you mean the time it takes to boot into the Scenario Loading screen ?  What else do you have installed other than EZDOK and UTLive ?

Typically the more you stuff into P3D, the longer it will take to open.  There are a long list of variables possible.  You need to provide more context to your issue.

My P3D V4 (on SSD) startup to the flight create menu takes pretty long (1 min +)
As far as I know this is caused by UT Live (or any traffic application) since P3D verifies/loads each and every AI aircraft.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

AI traffic files definitely affect loading time. The more AI, the longer it takes. I have tested this with and without addon AI. 

• Like 1

In addition to the things other people have mentioned, what can possibly affect load speeds after a reformat and reinstall, is the type of hard disk drive used, where stuff is installed on that drive, and in what order you installed stuff.

A solid state drive (SSD) has no large moving parts, so essentially, the data on it is pretty much accessible at the same speed from anywhere on the drive (yeah I know this isn't' absolutely true, but it's near enough), but an older mechanical hard disk drive (HDD) actually has to physically move a data reading head to the location of the data it is seeking in order to load it (it works a bit like the stylus on an old record player). So if for example you installed P3D literally right after your PC was formatted and had the O/S installed, it would probably fire up quickly since the P3D data would physically be right next to the O/S data on the drive, but if you then installed Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Call of Duty on your computer, and then installed Ultimate Traffic after that, the read head of a mechanical HDD has to skip over all those other program locations on the HDD to go between where P3D and UTL are installed, and that would take longer. Defragmenting a HDD can sort this out.

Believe it or not, the same phenomenon is true if you install a stick of RAM in one of your motherboard slots which farthest away from the CPU, as opposed to putting it in one of the slots nearest to the CPU; it means every bit of data that transfers between the CPU and the RAM has slightly further to travel, and that takes longer. This is why traditionally, computer components have been made smaller and smaller over the years, in order to have all the electrons travel a little bit less distance, but it does mean this also makes the smaller pathways heat up more too, as they are being used more often.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Believe it or not, the same phenomenon is true if you install a stick of RAM in one of your motherboard slots which farthest away from the CPU, as opposed to putting it in one of the slots nearest to the CPU; it means every bit of data that transfers between the CPU and the RAM has slightly further to travel, and that takes longer. This is why traditionally, computer components have been made smaller and smaller over the years, in order to have all the electrons travel a little bit less distance, but it does mean this also makes the smaller pathways heat up more too, as they are being used more often.

on for example 4 slot MoBo you have longer lines then on a 2 Slot MoBo Then they try to have as short lines as possible therby 2 slot MoBos can run faster memspeed.

But the lines have exatly same lengt on all 4 slots or 2 slots,  to ensure that the mems can run at same speed and latency ,

Edited by westman

Exactly, if you have a well layout board, it should be like this.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

What type and how old is your hard drive? 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.