Sign in to follow this  
JoeFackel

Massive FPS drop with injected AI Planes

I would still try to change the title to a variant without the ' symbol. Is your AI .bgl based? Then you would need to recompile the flightplans as well.

As a first test to really pinpoint it to the textures, Rearrange the sequence in the flightsim section as such that it starts with the SAS paint, LH paint last. This does not need to recompile the flightplans. If then, the SAS paint still gives worse numbers, you can be absolutely sure that it is the textures. Or: copy paste the LH textures into the SAS texture folder.

It really sounds like there is something wrong with the textures, but as you have an LH texture from Joel Branchu not resulting in problems and a Pegasus paint from Joel Branchu that gives you problems, it seems strange. Usually the texture artists use the same approach for all of their textures.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

39 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Or: copy paste the LH textures into the SAS texture folder.

Thats a good idea, will try that later 👍

I would love to get that stutters away .... may seem as a small problem (and overall it actually IS just a small glitch when flying) but just the fact its there drives me crazy 😎

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I sometimes get a really bad series of stutters when flying low and slow around the UK, and I am pretty sure that it has something to do with AI planes loading (the stutters vanish if I completely disable the AI planes).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Some kind of stutter is normal, yes. But while I also experience a 1-2 second monsterstutter when the AI traffic is initially loaded, I never see FPS drops down to below 10FPS when AI is injected later on. The situation reported here is abnormal, and as it can be somehow narrowed down to some textures, there might be a solution for it.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Look at your aircraft.cfg

[fltsim.3]
title=SAS Airbus A320-200NEO
model=CFML_S_NWF
sim=FAIB_A320
texture=SAS NEO
atc_airline=Scandinavian
atc_parking_codes=SAS
atc_parking_types=GATE
description=For AI use only, SAS Scandinavian Airlines LN-RGO :: Repaint by Johan Clausen.
ui_manufacturer=AiLinus
ui_type=A320-200neo
ui_variation=SAS Airbus A320-200NEO

try to change this to

[fltsim.3]
title=SAS Airbus A320-200NEO
sim=FAIB_A320
model=CFML_S_NWF
texture=SAS NEO
atc_airline=Scandinavian
atc_parking_codes=SAS
atc_parking_types=GATE
description=For AI use only, SAS Scandinavian Airlines LN-RGO :: Repaint by Johan Clausen.
ui_manufacturer=AiLinus
ui_type=A320-200neo
ui_variation=SAS Airbus A320-200NEO

Hopes this helps

Regards

Berend

2 hours ago, Berend said:

Look at your aircraft.cfg

You mean the sequenz of title / model / sim / texture?

You can see the sequence is the "right one" also on Pegasus, Vueling etc. and still inducing framerate drop so that isn't the problem.

8 hours ago, AnkH said:

As a first test to really pinpoint it to the textures, Rearrange the sequence in the flightsim section as such that it starts with the SAS paint, LH paint last. This does not need to recompile the flightplans. If then, the SAS paint still gives worse numbers, you can be absolutely sure that it is the textures. Or: copy paste the LH textures into the SAS texture folder.

Okay, i have rearranged the sequence in the flightsim section .... doesn't change, also fps hit when the livery is at first place.

Then i have insert a fps unfriendly texture in the folder of one fps friendly livery ..... also still a huge fps hit.

That means that it MUST be the texture itself! Looks like we need an P3D livery texture PRO.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I get along with ThumbnailExporterX.

Generates a list of all installed planes and even shows model type.

Daniel

Asrock Z370 Extreme 4 / Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz (delidded) / Noctua NH-D15 / 4x8GB Corsair LPX DDR4 3200MHz CL 18/

MSI 2060 Super 8 GB /

SSD 512 GB Samsung 840 Pro (Win10 Home 64bit) / M.2 512GB Samsung 960 Pro (Prepar3D 4.4) / HDD 1TB WesternDigital / HDD 640 GB WesternDigital /

Samsung 2693hm 26" HD-Monitor /

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS / MFG Crosswind Pedals

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

That means that it MUST be the texture itself! Looks like we need an P3D livery texture PRO.

Or you simply contact one of those repainters. As you have a working LH texture from Joel Branchu and a non-working, lag-inducing Pegasus texture also from him, I would contact him directly. You will find his email in the readme coming with the textures.

Greetings, Chris

11 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Texture or Material. Could be a reflectivity (do you have "Dynamic Reflections" turned on?), shadow or transparency issue.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

On 10/13/2018 at 9:06 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Texture or Material. Could be a reflectivity (do you have "Dynamic Reflections" turned on?), shadow or transparency issue.

Best regards

I don't have dynamic reflections activated.

Can someone recommend a tool to look for the difference of this dds files?

Signature3.png

8 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I don't have dynamic reflections activated.

Can someone recommend a tool to look for the difference of this dds files?

You can use DXTBmp to decompile them. It will tell you the internal DTX format, show the alpha channel and more. You can convert them to another format if you want to try that.

I'm just saying that the rendering is not as simple as "a 3D framework with texture pictures drawn over it". The 3D model's surface is made up of "materials" that can have reflective, transmissive and emissive properties. The textures are applied according to the properties of the material. You may not be looking at a broken texture, but at a texture that is applied incorrectly to a material, resulting in massive overhead processing (like reflections bouncing back and forth, recurring transparency or lighting issues). That can be as simple as a wrong color in the wrong place, so you won't be able to _see_ what is wrong with the texture - and no tool can't tell you either. The texture picture in itself may be correct.

I think that you should repeat the same test on a different computer, to rule out a local setting (in the sim config, in the shaders, in your graphics driver). And if the behavior can indeed be recreated, contact the author of the texture - he is the first one who should have noticed.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I just realized that i was wrong and misinterpreted my test results. I should have pay more attention because i just noticed that i have always an massive fps drop WHEN A TEXTURE IS LOADED FOR THE FIRST TIME! If it was loaded once, remove the AI and inject it again then the fps drop is just minor!

It's not a difference in the textures, it's a matter of the texture loaded for the first time or already was loaded before.

Signature3.png

On 10/12/2018 at 11:40 AM, AnkH said:

Ok, bummer again. I hoped that all other liveries used another model. Not the case. Then I am basically as lost as you, sorry. Only thing: I would avoid those ' symbols in the title of any aircraft. Not the reason here, but still.

Then: I see that you have three LH paints. You are telling me that all three LH paints do not lead to a FPS loss, while all others do? Strange.

Last: I am not going to ask what "AiLinus" is, better not knowing it...

Not to hijack the topic, but why would symbols like ‘ make any difference if they are inserted into the ai plane title ie FAIB A320-211 Lufthansa ‘Star Alliance’ ? Thnx 

Edited by Johnny19

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

6 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

but why would symbols like ‘ make any difference if they are inserted into the ai plane title ie FAIB A320-211 Lufthansa ‘Star Alliance’ ?

Maybe there is a sneaking suspicion symbols in the aircraft.cfg may induce problems, i can't confirm that, the symbols i have in my aircraft.cfg's were already insert by the painters of the texture including them.

Signature3.png

Okay, i have found a way to reduce the frame drops a bit: i have changed the order of the entries in my simobject.cfg. The entry for my AI-Plane folder is now [Entry.0] and the frame drops now to "only" 6 fps and not to 3 fps.

The problem is not cured, but at least a bit better now.

Signature3.png