Sign in to follow this  
JoeFackel

Massive FPS drop with injected AI Planes

10 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

Not to hijack the topic, but why would symbols like ‘ make any difference if they are inserted into the ai plane title ie FAIB A320-211 Lufthansa ‘Star Alliance’ ? Thnx 

UT2 might show some errors when building a new database with planes that have a ' symbol in their title. Most probably not related to this issue, but I thought I mention it nevertheless, as the topic starter uses UTLive and I do not know if this bug is fixed in UTLive...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Have you checked the texture file size? I had a similar fps drop with some repaints, and I found that these texture files where extremely big (several MB each).
I changed all my AI Repaints to 1024x1024px and added mipmaps and I also changed every repaint to dxt5 format, the performance gain was quite big :-)

Dominik

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

UT2 might show some errors when building a new database with planes that have a ' symbol in their title. Most probably not related to this issue, but I thought I mention it nevertheless, as the topic starter uses UTLive and I do not know if this bug is fixed in UTLive...

Oh okay, thnx. I don't use UTL :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I assume that your A320 folder includes the NWF model option? I think that stands for "new wing flex".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I assume that your A320 folder includes the NWF model option? I think that stands for "new wing flex".

That would be the NO wingflex option.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

11 hours ago, Swiss2259 said:

Have you checked the texture file size? I had a similar fps drop with some repaints, and I found that these texture files where extremely big (several MB each).
I changed all my AI Repaints to 1024x1024px and added mipmaps and I also changed every repaint to dxt5 format, the performance gain was quite big 🙂

I tried with different Texture sizes from 1024x1024 to 4096x4096, there are only minor differences. The UltraHD textures are only a bit heavier on my system than the light textures. 4096 textures drop to 4 fps, 1024 textures drop the fps to 4.9

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Yep, i've tried also both models, no difference NWF oder standard model is used.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png