Sign in to follow this  
Jwilder

FMC nav database update?

I noticed that the nave database in the NGX's FMC says it's out of date, how do I fix that?

Also, I was trying to program a flightplan that I made using OnlineFlightPlanner.org, using the method from the 1st tutorial, but while FSX:SE accepted the .pln file, the FMC's nav database couldn't find one of the waypoints.  If anything I would have expected FSX's older database to have missing data, but not the newer one on the FMC.  Is there a way to sync the FMC's database with FSX's?

here's the flightplan I was trying to use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g09mh7f5hvm83y/PHKO-PHNL.zip?dl=0

Hi Josh,

Regarding the PMDG Nav Database, you can purchase continuous monthly updates by signing up with Navigraph for AIRAC/FMS Updates.  They release updates on the same 28 day cycle as the aviation industry.  Their PC application will download the monthly updates and apply them to your PMDG aircraft.  I don't know about and free services for updating the 737 FMC.

Update:  Regarding your internal FSX nav data, I believe you can download current updates from this site.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

54 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hi Josh,

Regarding the PMDG Nav Database, you can purchase continuous monthly updates by signing up with Navigraph for AIRAC/FMS Updates.  They release updates on the same 28 day cycle as the aviation industry.  Their PC application will download the monthly updates and apply them to your PMDG aircraft.  I don't know about and free services for updating the 737 FMC.

Update:  Regarding your internal FSX nav data, I believe you can download current updates from this site.

do you have a link for Navigraph?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

4 minutes ago, Jwilder said:

ok, how would I plug that into the sim?

"that" being what?  Are we talking about the navdata for the FMS or updates to FSX?  I suggest that because the data in FSX is so old and never updated you just leave it alone.  You get nothing for your effort if you update it because an FMS equipped aircraft from almost any developer is going to use navdata from Navigraph or Aerosoft.  Both companies provide installers or data managers for their data so you follow their instructions on how to update the data.  It's pretty easy, you select the product (PMDG) and let the data manager find the path and push an update button.

All navdata for the PMDG FMS is maintain in either the \PMDG\Navdata\ or \PMDG\SIDSTAR\ folders.

If you use a flight planner such as PFPX, it will also use navdata from Navigraph or Aerosoft so both are using the same "world,"

Dan Downs KCRP

Once you bought a cycle or most of us use the ultimate subscription then you download the manager. Login to your account and scan your system for all related aircraft and other applications that use navdata. Once it is scanned you only need to update it.

7 hours ago, downscc said:

"that" being what?  Are we talking about the navdata for the FMS or updates to FSX?  I suggest that because the data in FSX is so old and never updated you just leave it alone.  You get nothing for your effort if you update it because an FMS equipped aircraft from almost any developer is going to use navdata from Navigraph or Aerosoft.  Both companies provide installers or data managers for their data so you follow their instructions on how to update the data.  It's pretty easy, you select the product (PMDG) and let the data manager find the path and push an update button.

All navdata for the PMDG FMS is maintain in either the \PMDG\Navdata\ or \PMDG\SIDSTAR\ folders.

If you use a flight planner such as PFPX, it will also use navdata from Navigraph or Aerosoft so both are using the same "world,"

sorry, I meant the FMS, I see that the FSX update he pointed to includes an installer, but I wasn't sure about Navigraph.

TBH, since I'm not an actual 737 pilot, I couldn't care less if the nav data were 100% up to date, I just want it to work properly.

On a side note, the flight planner I'm using offers the FP as an .rte file for PMDG, is that something I can use to load the plan directly into the FMC?

Edited by Jwilder

10 hours ago, Jwilder said:

On a side note, the flight planner I'm using offers the FP as an .rte file for PMDG, is that something I can use to load the plan directly into the FMC?

Yes.. The FMS will pull a route in rte format found in the PMDG\FLIGHTPLAN folder. See introduction document for information on how to use this feature.

Dan Downs KCRP