Sign in to follow this  
r_stopnicki

"SEATBELTS OFF" message always stays on (747-8)

Hello to everybody:

I have noted that the "SEATBELTS OFF" white message in the EICAS, always stays on, regardless of where I place the selector switch on the pedestal of the B747-8.

As a matter of fact, the "SEATBELTS OFF" message remains, even when the "SEATBELTS ON" message appears when I select that option (from the three OFF/AUTO/ON) on the selector switch. So that both messages appear at the same time. 

If I select "AUTO" the "SEATBELTS OFF" message remains.

Is anybody else experiencing this, before I open a ticket (if I am not doing anything wrong?)

Thanks.

Roberto

• Like 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

I think it has been confirmed that there is a bug with the seatbelt logic, uing some of the default aircraft states, and a fix will come with the next update..

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

You can also load a default (engine running) state, and then shut it down to how you'd like it to load, save that state, and then it'll be fine.

Kyle Rodgers

31 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

You can also load a default (engine running) state, and then shut it down to how you'd like it to load, save that state, and then it'll be fine.

then SEATBELTS OFF not appearing at all

6 minutes ago, keight said:

then SEATBELTS OFF not appearing at all

It should only appear when logic says it should be on such as during flight.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

It should only appear when logic says it should be on such as during flight.

if the selector on OFF position there should be a memo on eicas

1 minute ago, keight said:

if the selector on OFF position there should be a memo on eicas

The FCOM does not agree with you.  FCOM 1.60.3 EICAS Memo Messages SEATBELTS OFF logic is that the seatbelt selector in OFF position in flight.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 minutes ago, downscc said:

The FCOM does not agree with you.  FCOM 1.60.3 EICAS Memo Messages SEATBELTS OFF logic is that the seatbelt selector in OFF position in flight.

yes, that is what I'm saying. if selector is OFF SEATBELTS OFF memo should be displayed on EICAS, but it's not with default state.

4ip7Y.png

1 hour ago, keight said:

yes, that is what I'm saying. if selector is OFF SEATBELTS OFF memo should be displayed on EICAS, but it's not with default state.

4ip7Y.png

It is not what you are saying.  You are saying that the memo will appear if the switch is in the off position but this is not always true.  The memo will appear only if you are in flight and the switch is off. It will not appear if you are on the ground.  If it is not doing that then it should be reported on a trouble ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP

10 minutes ago, downscc said:

It is not what you are saying.  You are saying that the memo will appear if the switch is in the off position but this is not always true.  The memo will appear only if you are in flight and the switch is off. It will not appear if you are on the ground.  If it is not doing that then it should be reported on a trouble ticket.

that is what I said first: "then SEATBELTS OFF not appearing at all" at all - neither on ground nor in flight 🙂

I have already reported this, hope it will be fixed

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Thank you Kyle, I'll try that.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

18 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

Thank you Kyle, I'll try that.

Roberto

Just to close the loop, saving a state as Kyle suggested, worked.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

23 minutes ago, r_stopnicki said:

Just to close the loop, saving a state as Kyle suggested, worked.

Roberto

do you have a SEATBELTS OFF memo on EICAS when switch the selector to OFF in flight?