Sign in to follow this  
FDEdev

New FDE exclusively for P3D available

changelog

1. Redesigned lift/drag model for more precise lift/drag distribution between flaps, gear, propeller and basic aircraft.  This results in realistic (higher) drag during full flap approaches. (nice when landing e.g. at St.Barth).   

2. Slightly adjusted stall speeds. (works perfect with Bert Piekes Fast/Slow AoA mod)

3. New, sophisticated flap design.

4. Slow and smooth spool up during engine start, with no RPM overshoot and no torque spikes. (that's why it is for P3D only)

5. Viewpoint has been adjusted to a realistic position (better view over the nose)

6. A few other, only animation related items.

Update provided by the original FDE designer.

https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/pc12-hd-series-fsx-p3d/#tab-optional-patch

Hi,

Was wondering what makes the turbine tweaks so P3D only?

The tweaks in air aircraft.cfg are very basic and see in the air-files some changes to the drag values of flap and gear.

So why not make also a FSX version of this (leaving out the turbine bit)??

Marcel

2 hours ago, mgr said:

Was wondering what makes the turbine tweaks so P3D only?

The tweaks in air aircraft.cfg are very basic and see in the air-files some changes to the drag values of flap and gear.

So why not make also a FSX version of this (leaving out the turbine bit)??

Because you missed (besides a few other items) the engine related changes in the air file. 

Hi Folks,

Great news !!! While - I'll admit I didn't really care for this aircraft when released - it's managed to completely turn me around with mods and updates... It's now like an old friend and a very capable aircraft... Thanks so much "original FDE designer" and all who've contributed !!! I'll be back at St Barts to test it out... Wasn't FlyTampa updating this scenery (that cheesy green car model has to go) ?

One question I've always had on flying this - is the engine FADEC controlled or something - can we use WOT (Wide Open Throttle - and I realize turbines have no throttle) on takeoff - as the gauges unlike some other turboprops never seem to go into the red ?

sv27mx.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Also - Ron has this beautiful "Tradewind" paint in the library - so if you're going to St Barts - we can really emulate this video of a PC-12 in its natural element...

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Ron+Tradewind&CatID=root&Go=Search

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

TWweb_Gallery_MapCarib.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yep, that's a beautiful livery and one definitely can't get any lower on this approach than in this video! 

• Like 1

Done that one in a Twotter - as a passenger - unforgettable steep angled approach followed by a stomach wrenching flare out. Pilots high fiving each other afterwards gave one pause . .

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 5:50 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Great news !!! While - I'll admit I didn't really care for this aircraft when released - it's managed to completely turn me around with mods and updates... It's now like an old friend and a very capable aircraft... Thanks so much "original FDE designer" and all who've contributed !!! I'll be back at St Barts to test it out... Wasn't FlyTampa updating this scenery (that cheesy green car model has to go) ?

One question I've always had on flying this - is the engine FADEC controlled or something - can we use WOT (Wide Open Throttle - and I realize turbines have no throttle) on takeoff - as the gauges unlike some other turboprops never seem to go into the red ?

sv27mx.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Hey, Scott. The modeled PC-12 doesn't have FADEC, and we have had several in my family of this vintage (IRL). But what does work (almost) like a FADEC is to be sure that you have your inertial separator on during ground operations and takeoff. This ends up limiting the engine values, and you can "almost" go full throttle that way, and it in some ways will feel a bit FADEC-like.

Best,

Scott

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Hey, Scott. The modeled PC-12 doesn't have FADEC, and we have had several in my family of this vintage (IRL). But what does work (almost) like a FADEC is to be sure that you have your inertial separator on during ground operations and takeoff. This ends up limiting the engine values, and you can "almost" go full throttle that way, and it in some ways will feel a bit FADEC-like.

Best,

Scott

Hi Scott,

:blink:

Nice !!!

Thanks for the information and enjoy those darn PC-12's - will ya - LOL... I've never been inside - but I've been next to them on the ramp and they have a serious "ramp presence" - they're HUGE compared to your typical lil' bug smasher... If I ever win the lottery - the PC12 would be a serious contender - lift - anything - anywhere - in any weather - and carry it a long way... I've got my model rigged with the - RXP GTN - the RXP GNS - and the REX Wx Radar - along with Bert's Mod and the recent FDE updates - she's a pretty sweet ride and one of Carenado's better efforts...

Regards,
Scott

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Scott,

:blink:

Nice !!!

Thanks for the information and enjoy those darn PC-12's - will ya - LOL... I've never been inside - but I've been next to them on the ramp and they have a serious "ramp presence" - they're HUGE compared to your typical lil' bug smasher... If I ever win the lottery - the PC12 would be a serious contender - lift - anything - anywhere - in any weather - and carry it a long way... I've got my model rigged with the - RXP GTN - the RXP GNS - and the REX Wx Radar - along with Bert's Mod and the recent FDE updates - she's a pretty sweet ride and one of Carenado's better efforts...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks, but I hardly ever get to ride in them, been years now because they're based a long way from me now. I'm looking forward to the Denalis coming out. I think they will give Pilatus a real run for their money. The Pc-12 is definitely a very comfortable airplane, even with the big BMW seats, it seems like you're in a big RV. I agree, I'd have one for myself if I had won that 1.2 billion dollar lotto.... lol

I have all the same mods you do, and I love my Pc-12 (Carenado). I fly it every week for sure. 🙂

31 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Thanks, but I hardly ever get to ride in them, been years now because they're based a long way from me now. I'm looking forward to the Denalis coming out. I think they will give Pilatus a real run for their money. The Pc-12 is definitely a very comfortable airplane, even with the big BMW seats, it seems like you're in a big RV. I agree, I'd have one for myself if I had won that 1.2 billion dollar lotto.... lol

I have all the same mods you do, and I love my Pc-12 (Carenado). I fly it every week for sure. 🙂

Hi Scott,

You ain’t kidd’n - looks like Cessna went to their engineers and said “design me a PC-12” - LOL - seems like they cheated...

Cessna_Denali.png

Regards,

Scott

17 minutes ago, Flieger-Marius said:

Wait, THAT's a Cessna?! 🤨

LOL - yes sir...

Zoom in on the tail - they have their logo...

I think the tail is a bit taller than the Pilatus model...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613