Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

First 3rd Party Aircraft for Aerofly Released (free)

Dino Cattaneo (Indiafoxtecho) has just released his beta SIAI Marchetti S-211 as freeware to the general public. https://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2018/10/siai-marchetti-s-211-for-aerofly-fs2.html

His statement follows:

It is clear to me that I will not have the time, at least for several months, to bring the SIAI-Marchetti S.211 for Aerofly FS2 to the same level of quality of the FSX/Prepar3D version.
But if there is a thing I despise is wasting my work.

So I decided to release it "as is" as freeware for everybody to enjoy.

"As is" means that is it still somewhat incomplete: that is radios, the navigation instruments and some gauges are not working and the flight model is "decent" but far from the flight manual accuracy of the FSX/P3D version.

Also, steering the aicraft on the ground is quite difficult (the real aircraft does not have a steering wheel, and so does the AFS2 version...but differential braking does not work that well in my implementation). 
Do not expect any kind of support from my side - as usual I'll try to help if I can, but this product is not officially supported.

Thinking about it, I believe this is the very first third party aircraft for AFS2. While the sim itself is not yet as complete as P3D or XP11, it offers a great VR experience and unsurpassed performance (well above 120 frames per second on the highest settings on my system) and wonderful photoreal sceneries. And then there are ORBX addons.

Anyway, this model features:

- Detailed visual model of SIAI-Marchetti S-211
- Visually detailed virtual cockpit, with basic functionality and preliminary night lighting
- Multiple liveries including JPATS, Phililppine Air Force and Singapore Air Force 
- Basic, easy to fly flight model

To install the package you should drag and drop the S211 folder contained in the zip file to either the "addons/aircraft" or the "aircraft" subfolders of you Aerofly USER folder.

By default your AFS2 user folder is the Documents folder - you can copy-paste this shortcut to get there.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Aerofly FS 2

You can download the S-211 for Aerofly FS2 by clicking HERE or from the FREEWARE section on the side bar.

TuNhGM.png

oidDWQ.png

HlPYJJ.png

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

An update for this aircraft has been released:

Jan at Ipacs has got the gear working better now and cleaned up the controls (clickspots). Now you should be able to fly this aircraft in VR with VR hands. The most basic items are now interactive: stick, throttle, gear lever, flap lever, parking brake and a couple of knobs that worked earlier.

https://www.aerofly-sim.de/download/download-aeroflyfs2/aerofly_fs_2_s211

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's sad though that yet another developer failed to deliver a quality addon plane for AFS2. It really makes me wonder if we will ever see a detailed 'study level' plane in AFS2. 🙁

I prefer to be happy that the plane has not only arrived but been enhanced for vr, and that two others are in the works.

• Like 1

Devons rig

Dino posted an update to this plane; the latest AFS2 build broke one of the systems and it wasn't loading properly. 

https://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2018/10/siai-marchetti-s-211-for-aerofly-fs2.html

Devons rig