Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Windows10 Networking???

Hi Guys

Been away from home for nearly 6 months.  After returning, and updating Windows, my network has gone crazy!  All my settings appear the same in the sharing centre, but none of my PCs now appear to 'see' each other.  I can share new folders, which become visible on the network, but ONLY if I map them.

I no longer see any of the 'Public' folders across the network:-(

What did MS do?

29 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Hi Guys

Been away from home for nearly 6 months.  After returning, and updating Windows, my network has gone crazy!  All my settings appear the same in the sharing centre, but none of my PCs now appear to 'see' each other.  I can share new folders, which become visible on the network, but ONLY if I map them.

What did MS do?

Latest Windows 10 upgrade as been a big pile of sh*t, deleting files and folders...

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/windows-10-update-files-delete-disappear-microsoft-latest-version-1809-a8574066.html

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Doesn't want me to roll back either. the choice for that has disappeared:-(

Sorry to hear that mate, just make a search on google to try to find any solution, there's a ton of users affected with this upgrade, that's the reason i have win10 updates always paused!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

48 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Latest Windows 10 upgrade as been a big pile of sh*t, deleting files and folders...

But there's no mention of problems with network sharing, which is what Dougal's having problems with.

25 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Doesn't want me to roll back either. the choice for that has disappeared:-(

If there's no rollback option, the chances are that the 1809 update hasn't been installed (I don't have it and MS has now paused the rollout). You could try the suggestions here: https://appuals.com/fix-cannot-access-network-shares-after-update-1709/

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

8 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

But there's no mention of problems with network sharing, which is what Dougal's having problems with.

If there's no rollback option, the chances are that the 1809 update hasn't been installed (I don't have it and MS has now paused the rollout). You could try the suggestions here: https://appuals.com/fix-cannot-access-network-shares-after-update-1709/

1809 has definitely installed to ONE of the PCs, but thankfully, NOT my main FS PC. Things are very strange though.  Just trying to read through some of the many problems people are having...

1 hour ago, Dougal said:

I can share new folders, which become visible on the network, but ONLY if I map them.

What did MS do?

WIndows updates reset the "password-protected sharing" (or similarly called, I use the German version). Goto the the Network Control Panel, Network and Share Center / Advanced Sharing / Password-protected Sharing and set it to off.

I became used to do this on all of my machines every 6 months.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just now, pmb said:

WIndows updates reset the "password-protected sharing" (or similarly called, I use the German version). Goto the the Network Control Panel, Network and Share Center / Advanced Sharing / Password-protected Sharing and set it to off.

I became used to do this on all of my machines every 6 months.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael.  Checked and reset all those settings. Its set to off.

6 hours ago, Dougal said:

Hi Michael.  Checked and reset all those settings. Its set to off.

That's a bad case, then. 😥 I could well do without these pointless feature updates anyway.

Best regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

13 hours ago, pmb said:

That's a bad case, then. 😥 I could well do without these pointless feature updates anyway.

You seem to be assuming that the recent update has caused this problem. Whilst obviously not impossible, it's not something I've read about as a common issue with the 1809 update. The link in my earlier post indicates that occasional network problems have been around since at least the 1709 update, if not longer.

Dougal, did you try the solutions in that link?

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

10 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

You seem to be assuming that the recent update has caused this problem. Whilst obviously not impossible, it's not something I've read about as a common issue with the 1809 update. The link in my earlier post indicates that occasional network problems have been around since at least the 1709 update, if not longer.

Dougal, did you try the solutions in that link?

Still trying lol.  What MAY not help, is that only one of the PCs acually applied the update.  MS had obviously pulled it before the other PC updated.  Main FS PC is 1803 while client is 1809.  I may try a physical roll back from an old backup....

Screwed up my network as well, so you are not alone. I could not see anything wrong in my settings and the troubleshooter was useless. Could not connect to the internet at all. Finally I deleted  the NIC (adapter), rebooted and it rebuilt with connectivity. Go figure.

I had this problem too, with the help of certain video on YouTube i can see my pc in network. The only problem i had now is i can t access to my network folders, while 10 min before i could... don t understand the problem 

Frédéric Giraud

Mine is now bizarre...

From my main PC (PC1 on network), I cannot 'see' any networked or shared folders from client PC (PC2). Not even the computer itself, or the Public folder.  And yet, from the client (PC2), I can 'see' and access PC1 (and wife's Laptop) without issue.

Settings in the 'Network and Sharing Centre' are identical on all machines.

Here I have v1803 and my server sees only my cliënt , but cannot connect to it.

My cliënt, on the other hand, sees itself and the server.

Luckily Active Sky is running on the cliënt pc ...

On both pc’s password protection is Off . Also here all settings are identical.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0