Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

747 Purchase Confusion:-(

7 minutes ago, Dougal said:

OK I guess I've got something very wrong then.  I was sure i'd maybe bought the wrong addon.

I'm stumped:-(

To confirm, you had FSUIPC installed before you cleaned P3D out? If so, I'd reinstall FSUIPC. I'm not sure how it might affect things. I do know that when I updated my install, I saw similar until I updated to the latest FSUIPC version.

You may also want to remove your old versions of SimConnect.

If it's not either of those, please reach out to support. We have more steps for you to run through, but it involves sending/receiving files between yourself and us, and the forum does not lend well to that.

Kyle Rodgers

10 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

To confirm, you had FSUIPC installed before you cleaned P3D out? If so, I'd reinstall FSUIPC. I'm not sure how it might affect things. I do know that when I updated my install, I saw similar until I updated to the latest FSUIPC version.

You may also want to remove your old versions of SimConnect.

If it's not either of those, please reach out to support. We have more steps for you to run through, but it involves sending/receiving files between yourself and us, and the forum does not lend well to that.

How would i remove old versions of simconnect?

2 minutes ago, Dougal said:

How would i remove old versions of simconnect?

They should appear in add/remove programs, I think. I'm not sure though. Might be a good time to reach out to support.

Kyle Rodgers

I once went through simconnect HE-double toothpics.   Oddly, what worked for me was installing all of them provided by Prepar3D.  It seems it's pretty good at figuring out which version to actually use on its own.   Not saying my issue translates to yours, or will even work, but it sure did present an odd-ball set of issues for me until it got sorted out.

Mark Trainer

Good Luck!

18 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

They should appear in add/remove programs, I think. I'm not sure though. Might be a good time to reach out to support.

Chris at PMDG support solved the issue in a minute!

In case it comes up for others, it was simply a corrupt dll.exe file controlling RAAS in location: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Time to fly this baby;-)