Sign in to follow this  

1X 2080Ti vs. 2X 2080Ti vs. 1X TitanXP - P3D V4.3

Thanks Rob.  Great details for the results.

I would agree for the average simmer you can relax knowing you aren’t getting a lot from a single 2080ti.

See how many 4K screens you can add with those 2080ti NVLinks! 

The temps show why Nvidia used duel fans one must wonder what a Z390 MB and the soldered i9 CPU and a 2080ti will pull from the PSU and the heat both will run hot.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks for the testing, Rob.  While it might not be the best time to throw in for a 2080Ti, it is certainly a nice time to look for deals on a 1080Ti.

Greg

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

I would be worried about Kentucky fried CPU!

Naah, 75C avg is well below danger zone of 105C ... considering I was load testing from 6pm to 2am, the room was getting a little warm. 

38 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

I am convinced now that a single 2080ti will provide little advantage currently over my 1080ti.

Unless you have $2700 burning a whole in your pocket or use other DLSS/ray tracing games/apps, then waiting is probably good option for many.  9900K should arrive week of Oct 19th, the RAM and Motherboard have already shipped, just waiting on the CPU.

1 hour ago, Avidean said:

They might come into there own after the release of V5

So Nov 6th at 2pm?  Curious, why 2pm?  And is that UTC -4?

Cheers, Rob.

Thank-you very much Rob for testing and letting us know your results 🙂

Edited by VHOJT

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

So Nov 6th at 2pm?  Curious, why 2pm?  And is that UTC -4?

Wow! surprised to see that come up in this thread. That was just a joke because I saw that, I think on AirXDaily or something like that, that there was a rumor of some leaked LM email that V4.4 was being released in Q4. I was going to add and Pete will be on vacation. I forgot that a sense of humor is sometimes in short in short supply in the Flight Sim community.

Edited by Guest

oh I thought you were just fishing again, hoping to catch so inadvertent big fish of information.

Back on target, need to test an Ray Tracing game ... see how that does maxed out.

Thanks Rob. This result was about what I expected. I usually wait 2 tech  generations before buying a new GPU so I'm not disappointed.

Thanks for your tests, i pass until the Galaxy 2080Ti arrive

my 2x Galaxy 1080Ti is ok for now, your findings is in line with what i se with the 1080TI (  you see differnt usage on the cards in SLI, is that corect)

What we need now is faster CPU.s even the 9900k heavy overclocked is to weak.

My 1080ti is faster then the titan XP, have bios with disabled powertarget and adjustable mem and gpu voltage , they ar approx 15-20% faster then avarge 1080Ti.

Here are the screenshots of the graphics settings starting with the Medium Baseline:

Baseline_Medium_1.thumb.jpg.5be20c8b96d7bde63a79786fb36c4b21.jpg

Baseline_Medium_2.thumb.jpg.1e1ac83557bcbf6712ca54fd1b9ea171.jpg

Baseline_Medium_3.thumb.jpg.96f2345cff0bcd54e810a11e363cb9dc.jpg

Baseline_Medium_4.thumb.jpg.74a0c090fe1e7ad9d258494a293e2f14.jpg

Baseline_Medium_5.thumb.jpg.87ae9da3b4b5e1cd36faf749b8368d9c.jpg

Here are the changes made for HIGH settings:

Baseline_High_2a.thumb.jpg.a4b37298533fd8db2084b4f445783cfd.jpg

Baseline_High_3a.thumb.jpg.2e653d0e51ad00d4634b3e4f23896bae.jpg

Baseline_High_4a.thumb.jpg.2ef1cbe9be5761f0a92cb39bf3912323.jpg

And finally changes for VERY HIGH settings:

Baseline_Very_High_2a.thumb.jpg.aca88fbaf782ee339f84f3e25198570d.jpg

Baseline_Very_High_3a.thumb.jpg.715e4e5f1c22c93b69d3c6fd53462b6e.jpg

Baseline_Very_High_4a.thumb.jpg.dd69c94ea68b50147eb4dea950246b5c.jpg

As you can see, it doesn't take many graphics settings changes to drastically change FPS (either UP or DOWN).

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for this Rob, as i suspected definitely doenst worth the investment for someone that already owns a 1080ti, i would love to see the same benchmarks for XP, but i believe the results are going to be similar in terms of fps gains, until Vulkan arrives the new graphics generation is just good for those who want to transform ugly ladies in top models!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

15 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

9900K should arrive week of Oct 19th, the RAM and Motherboard have already shipped, just waiting on the CPU.

Hi Rob,

I too was looking at the 9900K as, with some decent watercooling, it should be straight-forward enough to overclock that to ~5.2GHz without too much of an issue.  If I sold my 7900X and Rampge VI Apex, I'd easily be able to recoup the cost.  I don't think X299 is the best platform for simming - I actually think, despite a better overclock, my simming is worse than on X99.  Maybe a proper 'gaming' setup would be better.

Not sure how that conversation will go down with my wife though.... lol.  But you must be an expert on those conversations, given the amount of hardware you go through!

What board and RAM have you gone for?  I'm looking at the MAXIMUS XI Formula, with built-in EKWB VRM block, and Corsair Vengeance RGB CL19 4000MHz RAM.

Regards,

Ady

Edited by adyfoot

Corsair Obsidian 900D, ASUS Maximus XI Formula Motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz (HT off), 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 2TB SeaGate FireCuda NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 2 x 6TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA, nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, ASUS ROG curved ultrawide 1440p monitor.  All water-cooled with EKWB blocks.

Rob,

As always great data thank you! Graphic processing power is increasing generation over generation at a pretty brisk pace. Are we not reaping the benefits in Prepare3d because we are increasing the resolution or is the graphics engine not designed or optimized to take advantage of these cards?

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png