Sign in to follow this  
bantha121

Antenna Options

So I was looking at photos of Lufthansa's 747-8s and it appears that they have an antenna configuration that is unavailable in the FMC. As far as I can tell, their configuration (as it would be in the -8 FMC) is WIFI FWD, SATCOM2, VHF, ELT. The closest I can find to that is WIFI FWD, SATCOM2, ELT, but this leaves out the VHF antenna. Just curious as to how hard it would be to add this config as an option. 

Sterling Paulsen

23 minutes ago, bantha121 said:

So I was looking at photos of Lufthansa's 747-8s and it appears that they have an antenna configuration that is unavailable in the FMC. As far as I can tell, their configuration (as it would be in the -8 FMC) is WIFI FWD, SATCOM2, VHF, ELT. The closest I can find to that is WIFI FWD, SATCOM2, ELT, but this leaves out the VHF antenna. Just curious as to how hard it would be to add this config as an option. 

Sterling Paulsen

The VHF antennas are always there.... you cannot fly without them.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 10/10/2018 at 12:00 AM, bantha121 said:

Sterling Paulsen

Sterling, you are absolutely correct that the LH antenna option cannot be configured correctly. Please submit a ticket, that is the only way the team will be able to address it!

2 hours ago, calzonister said:

Sterling, you are absolutely correct that the LH antenna option cannot be configured correctly. Please submit a ticket, that is the only way the team will be able to address it!

Lufthansa is doing all sort of own modifications to the airplanes, we have seen it in the 744 and 748. You can submit a ticket for that but I am not sure if we are going to be able to make this chnage.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

21 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Lufthansa is doing all sort of own modifications to the airplanes, we have seen it in the 744 and 748. You can submit a ticket for that but I am not sure if we are going to be able to make this chnage.

Hi Chris,

The LH B748 antenna configuration is not a custom config. All B748 have a SATCOM, VHF and ELT antenna. 

Please compare with Air China B748 and Korean Air B748.

The current problem is that choosing either WIFI antenna option removes the ability to display a VHF antenna whatsoever. 

In summary, the VHF, ELT should be available together regardless of which WIFI and SATCOM antenna position is selected!

19 minutes ago, calzonister said:

Hi Chris,

The LH B748 antenna configuration is not a custom config. All B748 have a SATCOM, VHF and ELT antenna. 

Please compare with Air China B748 and Korean Air B748.

The current problem is that choosing either WIFI antenna option removes the ability to display a VHF antenna whatsoever. 

In summary, the VHF, ELT should be available together regardless of which WIFI and SATCOM antenna position is selected!

Please sent it over a ticket then. In here it would be forgoten.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com