Sign in to follow this  
Matt Piotrowski

Saitek yoke keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I have a saitek pro flight yoke with a throttle quadrant and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. It happens every couple minutes. I tried changing usb ports and using a usb adapter but nothing works. I'm using windows 8.1.

There is no way up front to conclude that you do not have a hardware issue with your yoke, but there was a known problem with Saitek USB devices and Windows, so you should chase those down first.  Do web searches for Saitek and Windows Advanced Power Management.  Your yoke may be timing out because of the Windows energy saving features.  There are patches available on the web and a number of topics here on Avsim about the issue.

Work your way back in these forums, particularly in the Joysticks forum instead of this Drivers forum . You should be able to find help.  In particular do a search for "SaitekUSBFix.zip" (or .exe). It is one of several apps that patch related Windows registry entries.  There are also entries that may need to be set via Windows, Device Manager, Human Interface Devices, identify the hardware item, then Properties, Advanced, and deselect power management options.. 

Again, sift through these Avsim forums and find the discussions.  They may well help resolve your issues.

By the way, if anyone responds here that advanced power management is an issue only with Windows 10 let me say firmly, I had the same issues with Windows 7, and they were documented in now aged topics here.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Try this,it worked for me.

AT YOUR OWN RISK SO BACKUP FIRST

open regedit

locate key hklm\system\currentcontrolset\enum\usb

a)  locate entries beginning vid_06a3  and open the key     -these are saitek products

b) open the key   -ie: vid_06a3&pid_0d67 this will be differnnt on your system depending upon the individual saitek product (I have 5 entries one for each saitek product I have)

c) open the sub key    -ie:5&20eb1aa6&0&9 this will be differnnt on your system depending upon the individual usb port the saitek product is plugged into (where I have rearragnged where my saitek product are plugged into I have anything from 1-8 entries)

d) open the sub key device parameters

e) edit the value of enhancedpowermanagementenabled to 0

do steps a-e for all entries and subkeys under the saitek vid_06a3 list -there will be one entry of item  (c) for each saitek product ever plugged into any usb port.

It will not adversely affect products that don't need the change-I have applied it to everything under hklm\system\currentcontrolset\enum\usb you will need to reapply if you change the usb port the saitek product i plugged into and possibly if windows gets a major update

AT YOUR OWN RISK SO BACKUP FIRST

Ashley Sear