Sign in to follow this  
rrwhaley

Self Pauseing in flight

I was doing a flight today, 13-hour flight from EDDF to SAEZ. After about 10 hours into the flight, my 74-8 went onto (Self) pause. Trying to disengage it, did not work. Does anybody have this problem? How do you fix it? 

Ron Whaley

I'm guessing hitting the "P" button on your keyboard made no difference.

Seems like too far before you would need to start descent, however do you have "Pause at top of descent" (can't remember the proper phrase) turned on in the fmc menu settings?

Edited by YMMB

No never have TOP on, not for the last 15 years. You right, hitting the "P" button did not unstop it.

Never happen before. I really like to know what causes it.  I was not at my desk when it happen, where my computer was at.

And I guess you didn't have CDU scratchpad enabled?  As in your P press wasn't going to the CDU?

Had this happen too. Close to the TOD it paused, but the option has never been turned on. 

4 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Had this happen too. Close to the TOD it paused, but the option has never been turned on. 

If you were able to resolve it by hitting P, then you do not have the same issue.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

If you were able to resolve it by hitting P, then you do not have the same issue.

I was able to, but only after the 4th of 5th attempt. I came out of the pause but it paused itself again just 1 or 2 seconds later. I remember that I clicked the „pause at TOD“ to on, then it paused the last time and I could continue my flight normally. 

1 minute ago, Ephedrin said:

I was able to, but only after the 4th of 5th attempt. I came out of the pause but it paused itself again just 1 or 2 seconds later. I remember that I clicked the „pause at TOD“ to on, then it paused the last time and I could continue my flight normally. 

What other add-ons do you use?

Kyle Rodgers

16 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

What other add-ons do you use?

Outch... many many sceneries, orbx, FT, fsdt, flightbeam, several Aerosoft

GSX, FSUIPC, TrackIR, FSL spotlights, but only for the 737. 

all PMDG, all A2A, FSL320, Q400, QW787, CS757, Flythemaddog, TFDi 717, Coolsky DC9, 

I‘m not sure right now if SmartCars was running for DLH virtual, I will check that when I‘m at home in a few hours. And I am not entirely sure if it was the -8 or the 400. if it was the 400 then FS2Crew was running.

I have also installed the ProjectFly app, but only running with A2A aircraft. 

I might have forgotten sth obvious, if you have any special addons in mind, ask me please.

if you have any special addons in mind, ask me please.

Any peripherals: FSUIPC, pFly, etc. etc.

Something is sending that command, and it's not us. If it were the plane, we would've seen it between alpha and beta. Something else is interacting here.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Something is sending that command, and it's not us.

I can vaguely remember that I was wondering about the „pause at TOD“ setting being „on“ when I went into the pmdg options. I think I turned it off, on, off, on and left it on to check, unpaused the flight and then continued normally but again, not entirely sure.

is there any known addon or is it technically possible for an addon I have mentioned to set this feature in the pmdg options without navigating through the menu like FS2C does?

I will check my setup for sent P commands when I‘m home. FSUIPC, Active Sky (I forgot), PFly, Smartcars... 

is there any known addon or is it technically possible for an addon I have mentioned to set this feature in the pmdg options without navigating through the menu like FS2C does?

All you'd need to do is edit the options.ini file, but I'm not aware of any add-ons that do this.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

to let you know I am quite sure I found the culprit pausing my flight. It was just a coincidence that it happened on the 747, would have happened with any default airplane too.

Before my flight I was playing Fallout 4 and for that game I have a keyboard converter that lets me change the keyboard assignments outside the game as there are several bugs that won't let me use my prefered setting of "wsad". This script was still running in the background when I was flying and while P3D was running on my middle screen I used the right screen for my decent planning. On my mouse I use the rear side button to return to the previous website as most people do. Additionally this button, via the keyboard script, sends a P into Fallout 4... And now apparently into P3D, too. Why it did that 3 or 4 times repeatedly, no idea. But the absolute same thing happened today with the A2A C172. And this addon definitely doesn't pause at TOD 😄

This won't be of much interest for you, but I find it funny how many things can completely spool up your sim and you think there must be a bug with the recently released addon 😄

PMDG 747 redeemed. ;-D

Cheers and have a nice evening!

@scandinavian13

7 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

This won't be of much interest for you, but I find it funny how many things can completely spool up your sim and you think there must be a bug with the recently released addon 😄

Sounds familiar.

I have similar with my X-55. When I'm using FSX or P3D, I have it map keystrokes to buttons. If I don't clear that profile before using DCS, I'll go to fire a missile aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...NOPE.

*ALT+TABs out of DCS to desktop...facepalms*

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers