Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Twin Comanche Imminent ?

Hi Folks,

Just read Nel's post about a MilViz Twin Comanche being "imminent"...

Wow - that came out of nowhere for me - good OPSEC there MilViz - LOL - probably stopped Carenado from cranking one out in the interim...

Well - we know Bernt did the C310 FDE - one of the best light twin FDE's we've ever seen - the B55 FDE - not so much - left quite a bit to be desired (IMHO) - be interesting to see what a completely new light twin from MilViz will fly like... Anyone know who they're using for FDE's these days ?

MilViz Twin Comanche

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?18732-Milviz-Twin-Comanche-Release-Imminent

RW Shot:

PA-30-TwinComanche.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

That would be Wells Sullivan.  Very good and a canadian to boot.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Yup, looking forward to that new Milviz one. Another twin which is imminent, is Just Flight's Beechcraft Duchess Model 76, which was among several new releases they were showing off at the 2018 Flight sim show. Looks like it might be pretty good if their recent in-house GA developments are anything to go by:

https://www.justflight.com/product/duchess-model-76

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Milviz said:

That would be Wells Sullivan.  Very good and a canadian to boot.

Thanks Colin - was just curious - best of luck with the "imminent" release...

Regards,

Scott

Really looking forward to this one.  Thanks for the heads-up, Scott.

• Like 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Interesting: 

An aircraft of its time.

Our PA-30 simulates an aircraft with some wear, yet unmodified, and in its original configuration.
In order to be true to this era, our version does not include an autopilot.

• Like 1

Hi Les,

Thanks for that tidbit...

Yeah - that might be a point of concern for many... I've found that most flight simulator aircraft are much harder than RW to trim and fly in level flight... Whether that's because of a loss of sensory information or that they're simply too sensitive in pitch - I'm not sure - it's probably a combination of both... That's been my beef with my latest acquisition - the A2A Bonanza - while the A2A Comanche, Skylane, and Cherokee seem to hold altitude MUCH better for me... They all do have an autopilot to fall back on... 

No autopilot - limited to hand flying - might be a show stopper for me...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

1 minute ago, scottb613 said:

That's been my beef with my latest acquisition - the A2A Bonanza -

Scott, 

Very off topic, but I have the same impression of the Bonanza. Does the trim mechanism seem really slow to move? Seems like it takes forever to dial in some trim.

Darn I was hoping for an upgrade to my Eaglesoft Twin Commanche, no auto pilot will probably keep me away, I do need to walk away from the computer at times.

Ken Heibel

13 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

Scott, 

Very off topic, but I have the same impression of the Bonanza. Does the trim mechanism seem really slow to move? Seems like it takes forever to dial in some trim.

PM sent...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

If you need to walk away from flying...  press P for PAUSE.

The reason for doing it this way is that, back then, having an autopilot would've cost more than the plane.

I am considering adding an AP and a new gauge set that allows this setup but... Honestly, learn to fly people.  Not automate.

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Fifty years ago I earned my multi-engine rating in a Twin Comanche. for that reason I am really looking forward to this release!! I cannot recall if the aircraft I trained in had an autopilot or not. I sort of doubt it. Even if it did, I was too busy learning how to fly a twin engine aircraft and engine out procedures to use an auto-pilot.

Maybe having as an "option" in the MVAMS --an auto-pilot of that era (early 60's) may help those who are "on the fence" regarding a possible purchase. 

In order for an AP to be put in, we'd have to change out the "original" gauges.  Not going to happen.

Fly it like it was or don't fly it at all.... (for now).

24 minutes ago, Milviz said:

In order for an AP to be put in, we'd have to change out the "original" gauges.  Not going to happen.

Hi Colin,

LOL - nobody will ever accuse you of beating around the bush...

Thanks for investigating and providing a definitive answer...

Regards,
Scott

4 hours ago, Milviz said:

For the record, that is *not* a show-stopper for me.  I'll still get it.  (The A2A Spitfire doesn't have an AP either.)

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"