Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Twin Comanche Imminent ?

2 hours ago, StewartH said:

For the record, that is *not* a show-stopper for me.  I'll still get it.  (The A2A Spitfire doesn't have an AP either.)

Our version has the original, really old school "Piper Cruise Selector" (heading control), and no way to "set a course", which of course makes an autopilot a non-starter. To drive home the importance Pipe placed on this control, it actually takes "pride of place" where modern aircraft would have an artificial horizon!

Similarly, the ADF radio and indicator are at the top right of the instrument stack, making clear that ADF was the primary navigational mode... :biggrin:

BJnM0.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"Keepin' it real". Love it.

Really looking forward to this very real aircraft. A no GPS panel option would be even better.

Keep up the good work guys!

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

In all of our aircraft, we have a no GPS option.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I've been working for the past four days getting this set up, and I am on the downhill side finally. I've just finished up the lighting system. Here is the result in FSX:SE.

The AH, HSI and KAP140 have been installed, and will be hidden behind the panel when not selected. There is a small switch under the HSI to connect to either NAV 1 or NAV 2, along with text labels, same as in the C310R. There is a new option in the MAVMS menu to select whether you want the AP system or the original "old-school" version.

BUcce.png

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This optional panel looks really great--thanks so much for all your work in making this option available to us.

One thing I have noticed and am curious about. There is no cabin light nor any kind of a "red" night light. Was this this by design or is that how it was in the real life "Twinkie"? My only time in the real world Twin Comanche was day time flight training.

There are two light systems in this aircraft:  the first is an overhead light (that opens when you open the door (and that's not at all realistic FYI)...  the other is the avionics/instrument lighting.  That one is also unrealistic as we backlit all of the text as well.  That doesn't happen in the real plane.

That's it for lighting in the aircraft.  Nothing else.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Truly appreciate the work going into this, as I love light twins.  I will definitely become a buyer once it's done, so thanks for listening.  Having both an old school version, which can be equipped with nothing but the original panel, and an updated version with modern GPS, radar and AP gives the best of both worlds and makes this plane doubly appealing.

You guys rock!

Scott

I'm assuming the new panel is a result of popular demand?  Or did Milviz change their mind about a bare-bones only cockpit arrangement for marketing purposes?  Either way, this will be a nice addition to fleet.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

If anyone is interested I left some comments in the other Twin Comanche thread in the P3D forum. I never seem to know when the conversation is moving from one thread to another. 😀

Rather than repeat myself here's a link: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/544285-milviz-pa-30-twin-comanche/?do=findComment&comment=3919336

Hope it is helpful,

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

9 minutes ago, JesC said:

If anyone is interested I left some comments in the other Twin Comanche thread in the P3D forum. I never seem to know when the conversation is moving from one thread to another. 😀

Rather than repeat myself here's a link: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/544285-milviz-pa-30-twin-comanche/?do=findComment&comment=3919336

Hope it is helpful,

Jesse

Thanks, Jesse.  Interesting thread.  I can't for the life of me understand why someone would start a thread about a Milviz aircraft in the P3D forum, though.  This defies all understanding, imo.  The admins should have transferred the thread to this Milviz forum long ago.  The P3D forum is the last place I would have looked for a discussion of the Twin Comanche.  😠

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

For those who wanted an Auto Pilot in their Twinkie, the fix with that in is now on our support forum.

Wow! I have downloaded and installed two great updates in one day--the Alternative Panel for the Twinkie and the updated FDE for the B-55. Thank you to all who were involved in making these available. It's almost like Christmas right after Halloween😊 Enjoying both.