Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

Unable to update B744 in Ops Center

In FSX SP2, I could no longer find the option in add-on menu to load a new PMDG panel state.  Thinking it must have something to do with the new update available, I decided to finally do the update.  The OP Center had notification that new version was available.  I selected INSTALL Option and clicked OK.  A DOS screen appeared very briefly and quickly disappeared before I could read any content.  Then nothing else happened.  I checked my version and still had notification that a newer version was available.  Closed OP center and reopened and again had the same notification of new update and it still showed that I had my older version.  I have Windows 10.  Any ideas? Or must I open a trouble ticket with support?

Craig

That usually happens if the version of the plane installed is too old.

Just uninstall the plane. Re-download the latest installer from your PMDG account. Install it. Then try updating through the Operations Center.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

13 minutes ago, HiFly said:

Any ideas?

The original update actually noted that you needed to uninstall, re-download the full installer, and then re-install. At that point, you can use the micro-updater.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks to both of you.  I thought I had the latest version prior to the recent upgrade for the 747-800, but redownloading and re-installing the B744 should work anyway.  And BTW, I found the panel states in the FMS.  I was confusing the old 744 that had them listed in the FSX addons menu.  

Craig