Sign in to follow this  
HabuPilot

Default FSX approach charts?

Hi!

I'm looking for the charts of the FSX and FS9 default approachs. I'm not interested in the last AIRAC because my budget is very tight and I'm not able to purchase an ATC addon+Navigraph (or similar) subscription.

BTW, I'm not interested in online flying. Right now I would prefer to stay with the default ATC and its oldies approach procedures.

As far I know there is only two options:

-http://www.fscharts.com/ Their charts are from year 2003, so I suppose they are suitables only for fs2004, isn't?
    -Simplates, but its payware ($40) and as I told before, I can not afford it right now.

There is another one: simcharts from jeppsen, but they are sold out. In the past I saw some of them in ebay, but at very prohibited price. And sometimes they are sold as Simcharts for FS2004, but actually they are for FS2002.

So, someone could give a clue about where to find those charts?. Or at least, their published date. As the airports which I'm looking for are mainly in EU, maybe I can be able to find them in their respective national aviation organization.

Thanks

I type in a basic search, eg.KLAX charts pdf and usually get a pdf I can save and use. Try it!¬ It's never failed me.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=KLAX+charts+pdf&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB564GB564&oq=KLAX+charts+pdf&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.2022j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Just look at the first hit...

• Like 1

For European charts:

Eurocontrol AIS by State links to sites by Country. Some free, some not.
or You can register and join Eurocontrol Basic (Public Access Service PAMS Light [IAP])

Edited by RamonB

First at all, thank you for your responses. As my english is terrible I maybe didnt explain myself correctly. These links are for updated charts. They are not suitable for use with the default ATC because its data is older. FSX was published in 2006 and the oldest charts at Eurocontrol are from 2011/17.

Im looking for non updated charts, compatibles with de FSX default ATC. When the ATC asks me to choose an approach of a default airport I want to be able to check these approaches.

The main problem is I dont know the date of the FSX AIRAC. And the second one is I dont find any web which offers old charts.

I've discovered a posible workaround, the program Plan G shows the approaches of each airport based in the FS data, but not in a very user-friendly way. For example, the only way to check the altitudes restrictions of each approach is adding it into your flight plan. You are not able check it before or compare it with other one before add it into your plan.

So, as this solution is not perfect, I will be very grateful if someone can point me a place where I can find older approach charts.

Thanks

Edited by HabuPilot

Today I've discovered another way to check visually the default approaches: using Little NavMap, an impresive flight planning tool (and other interesting features).

Other method is using the waymachine of archive.org to visit old versions of agencies websites which offrered public charts in those years. In this way I've been able to recover some charts of LEMD from the old version of AENA website (Spanish agency).

Regards

Edited by HabuPilot

On 10/13/2018 at 7:25 AM, HabuPilot said:

They are not suitable for use with the default ATC because its data is older.

ATC is ATC and does not know about any charts, SIDs or STARs.  Yes, if you let FSX automatically generate a flight plan, then it won't be according to any current charts or SIDS/STAR info but, when you develop a flightplan using FSX, you (the pilot) have the opportunity to set it up by just moving selecting any waypoint you want on the flight planning map incorporated in FSX.  You can use a current and updated chart to do that.  Usually the approaches are correct but that is mostly based off of the NAV frequencies. Once you set up a flightplan in FSX, you can print out the NAV data which contains all of the frequencies or just have the window open during your flight.  ATC will keep you on course according to the flightplan YOU developed (and based on real time if you used current charts).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, you are right. But if I have the old charts I will create my plan more faster :happy: Anyway, in flightplaning websites like routerFinder or Simbrief there is an option to choose very old cycles (maybe 2006?) but sadly they don't include the SID/STARS.

But the main problem is the approaches. A lot of them have changed or even don't exist anymore. If you try follow the new ones the ATC becomes crazy and best solution is cancel the IFR plan. And if you have to flight a miss aproach, you can see its pattern in the GPS but you can not check the altitude restrictions.

I know this is a mess and the best solution is the combo of Navigraph+FSAerodata (or fly online) But as I told before, in this moment I should not spend more money in FS addons. And it's very frustrating to have an AIRAC in the FSX and don't be able to enjoy it correctly.

Regards

Edited by HabuPilot

As you're dealing with the default ATC, approach plates shouldn't be necessary. I'm speaking strictly from a hobby sim point of view of course. Plates are always required in the real world. Given nearly all the approaches in the default FSX used by ATC, are ILS', there's only 4 values you need to know. Altitude at the Final Approach Fix (where you intercept the glideslope) will be the last altitude given by ATC. You need to know the inbound course heading (where the localizer needle will be centered). In simple terms, take the runway number and add a zero (Rwy 18= 180 etc). Next is Decision Height, the point where you need to see the runway in instrument weather. This can be done by taking field elevation and adding 200 feet. This will be a 1/2 mile distance from the runway. I assume you know how to find the frequency of the ILS. 

ILS approaches are pretty straight forward, and for sim purposes, an approach plate isn't going to add too much to what the default ATC gives you.  

HabuPilot, if you are still flying on a budget, download and install these:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html

and the first download in this page (only needs to be done once a year): http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

It will update your default sim considerably and make them more accurate for the more recent approach charts suggested by the other users above.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors