000000000003a388
    338c
    01d460aeb6921efa
    E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Bfb5fe41-9aa5-462a-b9fd-c3b19f16659a

Just now, cfso1518 said:

One day after upgrading FSDT Live Update to the program, CTD

The causation is usually found in the change. This changed. The result was a CTD. I'd advise the people who developed the program causing the issue after it was updated.

Kyle Rodgers

7 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

The causation is usually found in the change. This changed. The result was a CTD. I'd advise the people who developed the program causing the issue after it was updated.

9/5000

Thank you
How can I solve it?

Just now, cfso1518 said:
Thank you
How can I solve it?

Not sure. The change came from updating your other add-on, though, as you mentioned, so I'd reach out to them.

KERNELBASE.dll errors, though, are occasionally hard to track down. I recommend having a look here, too:

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure. The change came from updating your other add-on, though, as you mentioned, so I'd reach out to them.

KERNELBASE.dll errors, though, are occasionally hard to track down. I recommend having a look here, too:

thank you

17 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Sorry, I also purchased the installation today. 747 Immersion found problems after installation.

Just now, cfso1518 said:

Sorry, I also purchased the installation today. 747 Immersion found problems after installation.

Immersion is a product developed and maintained by OldProp simulations. Support will need to be obtained from the people who develop the products you're using. It's usually good practice to install only one thing at a time so that it's easy to identify what is causing the issue.

So far, I'm seeing that two programs have been installed/modified that aren't ours. These are likely to be the ones causing the issues. Changed in behavior are caused by changes to your system. If something is "suddenly" crashing, you will likely find the problem in whatever you last installed/modified.

Please sign your posts - first and last - according to forum policy.

Kyle Rodgers

How come this ctd only occurs when the 747-8 is loaded into the sim. Surely you cant keep flat out denying that this is a pmdg problem Kyle

Jimmy Nestor

54 minutes ago, jimmynes said:

How come this ctd only occurs when the 747-8 is loaded into the sim. Surely you cant keep flat out denying that this is a pmdg problem Kyle

For one, you are the only one of thousands with the 748 reporting this problem.  But mainly, because correlation is not causation.  The first thing I suspect with kernelbase errors is the video driver but there are many things that can cause a problem down deep in the "kernel" of the OS.  The PMDG DLL is not one of them.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, jimmynes said:

I have to follow the evidence:

The OP noted that the issue only started occurring AFTER he updated a product unrelated to the 747. He then later noted that he installed an add-on that modifies the 747.

In literally any field related to handling causation, you must observe those facts to determine a resultant cause.

You're welcome to quote the post where I state with 100% certainty "this is not a PMDG problem." I haven't. I have simply stated that the OP should look for the most probable cause. It will likely provide him the best, and fastest, solution.

To use a parallel example:

A pan is sitting on a stove with water in it. Someone turns the stove on and the water all boils off. Is the water boiling off because the pan, itself, is hot? Technically, yes. Could you blame the pan? Absolutely. Will that get you your solution? No, not really. Why? Well...physics, but also, when it comes to causality, the results are caused by a particular change in a variable. Did the pan spontaneously change its makeup such that it radiated heat? No. What changed? The stove turned on. Turn the stove off, and the water stops boiling off. Problem solved.

It is impossible to imagine that a pan is made out of fissile material? Nope. In this case, what is more probable? We know for a fact that someone turned the stove on. As such, we start there in the troubleshooting.

People here really need to stop mistaking my assertion that a cause is likely found elsewhere with an assertion that it is wholly not our fault. I'm here trying to help people navigate through issues. It would be pointless for me to start with less probable causes simply to come across as overly open to the idea that the issue might be us (and, to be honest, I never stated that it wasn't in the first place).

Kyle Rodgers

Today my 747-8 crashed to desktop on a kernelbase.dll after pushback. I was looking at the e-checklist and first thing after engine start I noticed it shows the non normal checklist for the hydraulics, as 1&4 were set to AUX, 2 and 3 were set to AUTO. I then selected Flaps to 20 for departure and set 1 & 4 to AUTO, This normally clears the non normal checklist. However not today. I still had the non normal checklist displayed but none of the checklist menus was highlighted and the checklist could not be interacted with (no need to explain how to interacting with the 748 e-checklist, I am very much familiar with it). I still tried to use the cursor to select something - anything - but nothing happened. Then a second or two later, sound was gone, and P3D crashed to desktop. I obviously cannot determine if the crash has anything to do with the checklist but I can tell I was looking at it and observing it at that time and this is what happened. GSX already finished the pushback, parking brakes were set, although GSX did not yet disconnect - so I guess I'll never find out what caused the crash. Could be a million things I guess. 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.556, time stamp: 0xb9f4a0f1
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a388
Faulting process id: 0x2cd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c7e06c1412a8
Faulting application path: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: e6fc4f12-aa59-445f-b328-93c223b5c54e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Fault bucket 1563513574453535199, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 4.4.16.27077
P3: 5bfdbb35
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.17134.556
P6: b9f4a0f1
P7: c0020001
P8: 000000000003a388
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5347.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER555B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER557B.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5579.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER558A.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_f960dc11afd4a3f7764a7e021b3d8eaec945ced_5e4d7e2c_26aa5e82

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: e6fc4f12-aa59-445f-b328-93c223b5c54e
Report Status: 268566528
Hashed bucket: 52213182f26b9a1af5b2b74fe6cde1df
Cab Guid: 0

Edited by kityatyi

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

There are many reasons why one may experience a kernelbase event, just try the Google machine and you'll see what I mean.  The one clue you have is that anything that triggers this kind of error is working at the lowest level, the kernel, of the operating system and the PMDG modules cannot do that.  Look for something like drivers or other things that poke directly into the OS beyond the API.

I had a rash of these last year that I solved by removing the NVidia driver completely with DDU in safe mode and then installing a new video driver.  Many other things can cause this error but this is an example of one.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP