Sign in to follow this  
Smasher77th

PMDG "Leaving No Stone Unturned"!

This is the second time I ever started a topic in PMDG forums, the first one being several years ago, when I made my suggestions about how to achieve an illusion of "refraction" on the NGX HUD combiner glass (I still think it's viable, and wish PMDG should give it a try, but I digress).

The 747 is one of my most favorite airliners. In fact The 747-400 was THE most favorite until the 787 came along, and pushed it back into second place. Now the 747-8i has pushed it once more into the 3rd place. So I spend a lot of time watching takeoffs and landings of 747s but it was only a few days ago that I noticed the performance of the Nosewheel lights (Taxi  and runway turn-off lights) on the Queen! I noticed that although they might be turned on prior to landing, The don't light up until the main gear touch down (Weight on Wheels), and they also automatically turn off at lift-off! I loved it, but I thought that was to negligible a feature for PMDG to include in the Queen. To satisfy my curiosity I hopped on the 748 and checked it out and lo, and behold, IT IS FEATURED!!! I didn't even bother checking the -400. I almost started dancing!!!

What can I say? You guys ROCK!

• Like 4

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Lol

I have a feeling that there is a „big“ place in RSR‘s heart for the 747. The detail and fun they have implemented speaks for itself 😄

It would certainly seem to be the new standard by which all others who follow will be judged.  It's going to take me a while to learn all the ins and outs of this new beast, and I was just getting good at the 737.  

BTW there is a certain something I like about the "busier" looking 737 cockpit though, more knobs and gauges!  That -8, at a glance, is one clean and clutter free looking cockpit.   I'll have more time to spend exploring its systems this weekend and the weekend can't get here soon enough.

Mark Trainer

As I turned the pages of the PS1 manuals, it was obvious that it was someone who loved this aircraft who was behind the writing. It's been like that now for 20+ years. Thanks Robert and your team.

Chris Stanley VTCC

The detail in PMDGs modeling is fantastic, and I posted an incredible detail they included over 4 years ago when the 777 was released....it was an exterior detail the you would never see unless your camera was in just the right position at gear retraction/extension. (not the landing light, but I did mention that as well as it also turns off when the gear is retracted on the 777 as well.)

Read about it here in this post (don't reply to that post as it's 4 years old...and well...you know, hehe)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

PMDG defines study Sim above and beyond expectations.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

I just encountered  my first rain on a flight into Anchorage, the image on the windscreen is so realistic,, even have to turn the wipers on,,,,incredible!!!

Best,

Jerry Friz

2 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

PMDG defines study Sim above and beyond expectations.

The have no peer. Or equal. Only a huge chasm to the next level which is horribly poor. 

PMDG are the only developer producing worthy add-ons. Period. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

The detail in PMDGs modeling is fantastic, and I posted an incredible detail they included over 4 years ago when the 777 was released....it was an exterior detail the you would never see unless your camera was in just the right position at gear retraction/extension. (not the landing light, but I did mention that as well as it also turns off when the gear is retracted on the 777 as well.)

Read about it here in this post (don't reply to that post as it's 4 years old...and well...you know, hehe)

How incredible! I never knew all this! I must admit, I was kinda turned off by the fact that the PMDG 777 main gear doors (interior side) were too plain, and didn't follow the contours of a real 777 main gear door interior, that I didn't bother to check any other thing on that bird's exterior for a while. Then I noticed that the 3rd set of wheels on the main truck swiveled! I was more blown away by that than I was word not allowed at the too simple main gear doors 🙂

As far as the lights on the Nose Gear of the Queen, it's not that they go out when the gear is being retracted. I don't think that would have moved me an inch. It's normal. The fact is that it operates like in real life, and I don't know any other aircraft that does that. Most other aircraft, including all other Boeing aircraft that I've checked, they turn off the light during retraction, and turn them on during extension provided the switches remain on. But on the 744 and 748 the lights on the nose gear only turn when there is weight on wheels! That means that when you're coming in for a landing, the landing lights are on, but the taxi and runway turn-offs are off even though they're switched on. They only turn on when the main landing gear have touched down and compressed. Check this out:

You can see that the 744/8i that have their taxi/turn-off on, have the lights coming on only after touch down. Also when you take off, as soon as the main landing gear leaves the ground, the lights go out even before the gear lever is raised.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara