Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

Latest update B744 FMS payload discrepancy (FSX)

Finally got the latest version of B744 sorted but when I went to load passengers in this recent upgrade via the FMS payload page I noticed that the passenger input layout does not correspond with the layout outlined in the config files which I assume must mirror the real world layout for a "mixed" load configuration (B747-400 model).  Diving into the config file I find the following capacities and positions and they agree with the actual input into FSX payload menu:

Upper = 42

First Class = 21

Bus Class = 35

Sec C = 86

Sec D = 100

Sec E = 136

But the FMS only gives the following capacity per position options:

First Class = 25

Business Class = 73

Economy = 322

The Section C-E correctly correspond with the totals for economy but where the passengers are seated within those sections affects the CG.  As for the Business and First Class sections, though the total capacity matches, the placement options do not.  Anyone else notice this discrepancy?  Anyone have a solution or fix?  This was not an issue before I upgraded to this latest version. 

Craig

You absolutely can‘t use the FSX fuel and payload manager to load the PMDG airplanes. None of them. Never. Under no circumstances. It will completely spool up your weights, calculations and CG. Instead you need to use the load manager in the CDU.

Please read the introduction manual. It explains everything you need to know.

(And of course it was an issue. It has always been.)

There is no discrepancy. The configuration used is upper deck business only, main deck first / business /economy as you move from fwd to aft. The FS ACTIONS>PAYLOAD page groups passengers by class, while the EFB displays passengers for each zone. When you move data between the PAYLOAD page and the EFB (READ FROM/SEND TO AIRCRAFT buttons on the EFB) the proper conversions between classes and stations are performed.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

43 minutes ago, HiFly said:

Upper = 42

First Class = 21

Bus Class = 35

Sec C = 86

Where did you get this from? The 747-400 cfg file has "Upper Deck", "Zone A", "Zone B", "Zone C", ... station names.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg