Sign in to follow this  
av8r13

Q-CLB

Quiet climb. 

Also the pmdg forum requires users to sign each post with their first and last name.

7 hours ago, av8r13 said:

i cant find any reference to this.

what is it for?

Intro Manual. One of the very last pages.

As Koen mentioned, please ensure that you include your first and last name in your posts.

Kyle Rodgers

Wow... first Q Climb question weeks after RTM.  I was certain there were going to be dozens of Q Climb not working threads.  I guess the overheated brakes have stolen the spotlight, oh yeah and the bugs.

Dan Downs KCRP

We don’t need no stinkin’ Q-CLB! 😛

Actually, I’ll have to give it a go.  There is so much great “stuff” to play with on this masterpiece!

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

This feature is not documented in the FCOM or QRF.  The single bullet in the list on that page is only somewhat useful in terms of instruction of use.  How do we know how to operate this mode?

Thanks! 😀

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

FCOM 11.31.27

Basically, Q-CLB is a reduced thrust climb that is a VNAV pitch mode. I read somewhere that the thrust is reduced to allow a 2% climb. The key to using it is to ensure you have armed VNAV before selecting Q-CLB.

Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you Dan,

The document I searched in - 747-8_FCOM.pdf - does not have that section.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.