Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

ATT:RST Message

I have ATT:RST (Error ?)  message on the Standby HSI where the Gyro Horizon bar should be.  All else seems normal (Alt ,  Hdg and AS indications ).

What does this message mean, and how do I correct the problem ?  I tried pressing the small black "RST" button at the lower LG corner of the

instrument, but did not help...

Ken

Ken Boardman

page  10.10.89 of the  fcom  explains  on how  to clear it

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you for the reply Peter;  however as I mentioned,  Pressing the Reset (RST) button (as per the FCOM) does nothing.

Ken 

Ken Boardman

My first thought when I saw this was that you are using a panel file from an earlier version.  Panel files have been a PITA in the Queen, I think because of the complexity of how messages are stacked on the EICAS; regardless, new version always delete old panel files and create new.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for the insight Dan. 

Throughout most of the ~12 hour flight I would periodically press the "RST" button "just for drill". 

About 10 hours into the flight when I pressed it,  the indicator display started a countdown (timer)

and at the end of the countdown the horizon magically appeared.  Very strange behavior methinks  >  and no,

my mouse button has no intermittent type issues, LOL !!. 

I've done many flights with QOS II and not seen the STBY HSI behave this way.

>> "regardless, new version always delete old panel files and create new" <<

Are you referring to after a QOS II update is installed Dan ?  How is creating a new Panel file accomplished ?

I'm guessing it's fairly simple,  but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it.

Best to all,

Ken  

Ken Boardman

13 minutes ago, Elsmoko said:

Are you referring to after a QOS II update is installed Dan ?  How is creating a new Panel file accomplished ?

Exactly.  Exit P3D.  Go to the PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTSII\Panels folder and delete all the panel files.

Restart P3D.  Load the PMDG 747 with engines running and create your own panels states.  I only use two, one with aircraft APU running and doors closed as if ready for pushback and the other with doors open , aircraft on ground air/power and service vehicles attached as if in a turn around.

Dan Downs KCRP

I use FSX Dan.  Are the procedures different for FSX ?

Thanks again,

Ken

Ken Boardman

no  they are the  same  you  just have  to navigate  to the fsx  panels folder  than delete  any  panels  that  you have saved

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just to ensure I don't mess this up;  is the path to these panel files in D:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400*

or is it   D:\Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\PanelState    ?

Thank you,

Ken

Ken Boardman

1 hour ago, Elsmoko said:

Just to ensure I don't mess this up;  is the path to these panel files in D:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400*

or is it   D:\Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\PanelState    ?

Thank you,

Ken

its  the  last  one   you linked    pmdg/pmdg 747qots11/panel state   don't  delete  the ones  from  pmdg  only  the  ones  you had  saved,  eg  don't  delete the short/default/long/cdldrk  ones

Edited by pete_auau

Peter kelberg

I understand Pete.  And it makes sense to me.  Many thanks to you and Dan for the fast and helpful answers.

Ken

Ken Boardman

9 hours ago, pete_auau said:

its  the  last  one   you linked    pmdg/pmdg 747qots11/panel state   don't  delete  the ones  from  pmdg  only  the  ones  you had  saved,  eg  don't  delete the short/default/long/cdldrk  ones

Actually, those PMDG panel files might be a source of the problem depending on circumstance.  I recommend you delete all the panel files and create new ones.

Dan Downs KCRP

13 hours ago, downscc said:

Actually, those PMDG panel files might be a source of the problem depending on circumstance.  I recommend you delete all the panel files and create new ones.

thx  for  the  tip but its  not me  with the issues

Peter kelberg

One more question.  Should all  of the files be deleted,  including those original files provided by PMDG ( Cold and Dark, Short Turn-Around, etc) ? 

Thanks again,

Ken

Ken Boardman