Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

[FSX] [744] AUTO ANTI ICE switches off/auto/on faulty?

Hello folks, 

in my current 744 setup there are the AUTO ANTI ICE switches. 

If I am not mistaken, the switches OFF/AUTO/ON are faulty in a sense that

anti ice is on in case the switch is set to OFF and vice versa. 

Do you agree? 3.00.9019 installed. 

• Like 1

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Maybe worth a ticket to PMDG. Since the 747-8 update when using Fs2Crew in the 747-400 my FO thinks the ENG ANTI-ICE and WING ANTI-ICE is on although the switches are off. (All panel states)

It could also be something that’s changed behind the seens since the undate that Fs2Crew needs to fix at their end.

Ive notified Brian at Fs2Crew but no fix yet.

Its also possible the -8 update from PMDG broke the B744 in some way.

IM

I'd check to see if it is related to panel states first, actually.

Load without one and check.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Hi Kyle, 

do refer IM's post alone? 

Or do you think that also in my case the panel state might influence the switch setting ON results in off and OFF in on? 

Thx. 

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

2 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

Or do you think that also in my case the panel state might influence the switch setting ON results in off and OFF in on? 

If the switches/EICAS are behaving oddly, then it could be a panel state issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Thx. 

Means, you don't experience this if you set AUTO ANTI ICE in your bird? 

Andreas Berg

2 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

Means, you don't experience this if you set AUTO ANTI ICE in your bird? 

It means that I haven't noticed an oddity.

I offered it as an idea to test out. Let us know what you find.

Kyle Rodgers

I’ve had a play with the panel states of the 747-8 which start with the ENG/WING ANTI-ICE switches in auto. 

Since the -8 update I’m thinking now that maybe the 744 is also starting the panel state ENG/WING ANTI-ICE switches in auto even though in my 744 (UNITED) config I only have the push type switches either OFF/ON.

Makes me think it’s just an FS2CREW problem where it’s not recognising the correct switch position any more since the update. I’m sure Brian will identity the problem if there is one.

IM

On 10/13/2018 at 1:14 AM, Iceman2 said:

I’m sure Brian will identity the problem if there is one.

Hello Iceman, 

but what happens if you simply change in of your birds the switches to the three-position-switches OFF/AUTO/ON? 

Does OFF give you anti ice on, and ON an off? 

Thx. 

Andreas Berg

15 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

Hello Iceman, 

but what happens if you simply change in of your birds the switches to the three-position-switches OFF/AUTO/ON? 

Does OFF give you anti ice on, and ON an off? 

Thx. 

Good point. 

I’ll see if I can change the switches.

thx

On 10/12/2018 at 3:49 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Load without one and check.

Hello Kyle, 

I started FSX, chose the UAL 744 and put it to EGLL, I loaded 744 DEFAULT, engine running in idle. 

Putting the NAI switches into the backward position ON doesn't show anything,

putting them into the forward position OFF shows NAI on on upper and lower (ECS) EICAS. 

Andreas Berg

I've done a bit of trouble shooting and as I see it, if your airline/aircraft FMC setup has the ICE PROTECTION OPTION as MANUAL with or without DETECTION the aircraft will always assume the auto switching position. However if you go into the FMC and change the OPTION from MANUAL to AUTO ANTI ICE you can then save the panel setup after turning the switches to off from auto. Unfortunately after saving that panel state with the switches in the off position and then changing the FMC EQUIPMENT setup back to your airlines options choice of MANUAL (UNITED) the panel state will always default to the auto position which is where FS2CREW is getting confused.

This has only happened since the -8 update and I'm sure Brian from FS2CREW will look into it for those that use the button option.  

2 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

I've done a bit of trouble shooting

Hello Iceman, 

I don't use FS2CREW. 

I still don't get the point if your bird shows NAI on in the OFF position and v.v.

Thx.

Andreas Berg

Had the exact same thing yesterday in the 748 cargo. Switched them on from auto and it warned me of icing... Then I moved them off and then auto and the caution went away

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

4 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

Hello Iceman, 

I don't use FS2CREW. 

I still don't get the point if your bird shows NAI on in the OFF position and v.v.

Thx.

My point is really only for FS2CREW users. For example after start the FO says ENG ATI ICE and WING ANTI ICE on but it’s actually NOT. 

Having said all that as far as the PMDG Aircraft goes I don’t have any issues with the actual anti ice system. NAI shows when switching the ANTI ICE on and goes out when turning the switches off. 

So no I don’t have the same problem as you. 

My original post second from the top, at the time I was just suggesting there maybe  a fault with the aircraft since the Fs2Crew FO was getting confused with the ANTI ICE switch position.