Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Can't keep panel pixel size when selecting GTN 650

As I have a 4K monitor running at 3840X2160, I reset my pixel size by doubling the numbers in the panel so that my pop up screens are normal size and not tiny. However, when I select the GTN 650 in my configuration, it loads beautifully and works great, but because it makes a new panel cfg it puts my pixel size back to small. How do I keep the sizing and the GTN gauge permanent?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

29 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I reset my pixel size by doubling the numbers in the panel so that my pop up screens are normal size and not tiny.

This sounds strange. I'm not sure exactly what you are changing when you "reset pixel size."  You shouldn't have to do anything.  If you look at your VC Cockpit and it looks like a wide angle zoom lense effect then you probably have not check the wide screen option as recommended in the Introduction document (pg 18).  You should have comfortable view at a zoom level of 0.6 - 0.8.

Dan Downs KCRP

What I mean is that the icons are too small, you have to double the pixel size settings in the panel cfg to get them to appear at normal size for the larger screens. I found a notice somewhere in PMDG suggesting that as a fix for the icons appearing too small. It works really well. 

Regarding the above, I just discovered that each plane has its own ini file, so you have to load each plane one at a time and select GNS 650. Once all craft are configured, you exit, adjust the panel cfg back to the preferred settings and now they all load fine,

Here is an example of one of my adjustments, it's the pixel size line that makes it adjust for my screen, according to PMDG you double the pixel number, everything else stays the same.

[Window01]
file=dc6b/sbi.bmp
size_mm=32,192 
pixel_size=64,384//32,192
window_size= 0.017, 0.190
position=0
visible=1
ident=10
sizable=0
window_pos= 0.000, 0.060

gauge00=dc6b!pmdg_dc6b_m,  0,0, 32,192

Lee