Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

Singapore Airlines launches WSSS-KEWR direct service

Singapore Airlines is launching the world's new longest flight: WSSS-KEWR direct, over 9,500 miles and 19 hours of flight time. And, here's the real kicker: there's no economy class. In order to help save fuel and cover fuel costs, the A350-900 ULR aircraft used on the route will be configured only with Premium and Business class seating, for a total of 161 seats.

Here's a seat map of the plane:

Singapore_Airlines_Airbus_A350-900ULR.sv

More info here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/new-worlds-longest-flight-singapore-new-york-newark/

Edited by cleonpack93
Wrong airport

I'd say it will be KEWR, not KJFK. 😉

3 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I'd say it will be KEWR, not KJFK. 😉

Aaaaand you're right. Fixed.

Edited by cleonpack93
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, cleonpack93 said:

Singapore Airlines is launching the world's new longest flight: WSSS-KEWR direct, over 9,500 miles and 19 hours of flight time. And, here's the real kicker: there's no economy class. In order to help save fuel and cover fuel costs, the A350-900 ULR aircraft used on the route will be configured only with Premium and Business class seating, for a total of 161 seats.

Re-launched would be more like it. They did it in the past with the A340-500.

• Like 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

CNN has a good series on this flight:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/singapore-to-new-york-5-things/index.html

My longest flights have been half that distance but once had a 7500 mile flight from SFO with a connection at Narita.  That was preceded by a 6300 mile flight home from Europe once, to SFO with a total of five stops, three of them on the same aircraft for refueling and pickup of passengers, it was a chartered flight for us high school teens back in the 70's.  My longest distance flown in two week was part of the Narita flight, almost 17 thousand statute miles, from Orlando to SFO to Narita to Guam then back to SFO from Guam thru Tokyo.  And during the middle of those two weeks I also drove from Napa to Bakersfield for some business, adding 600 miles to that week on the ground.  It was a long, long fourteen days, as if from a dream, and came about by a combination of serendipitous moments I cannot explain to this very day.  It all came from my going to Epcot Center for the first time, 31 years old, seeing the Japan Exhibit in World Showcase and wishing to myself I could go there some day.  And there I was, a week later....  So weird and since I've learned to be very careful what I wish for....  Seriously...

John

• Like 1