Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Xplane11 and the Aerobask Eclipse again, Phoenix - San Diego

This is one of my favorite real life routes which I love to fly in P3DV4 over MSE's photoreal scenery and in Xplane11 over its default scenery, mesh landclass and autogen.  Both sims are so nice for this flight, in P3DV4 I prefer the Citation 550 and in Xplane11 the Aerobask Eclipse or default Cessna if I want a slower, more scenic flight below the mountain peaks.  The final into San Diego is breathtaking, right by downtown (it is quoted you can see the hotel maids doing laundry on your final if you have a window seat--on the floors above you).  I last flew into San Diego in real life back in the 90's when I was asked to do some marketing and accounting training for the downtown Best Western.  They gave me an easy, four hour daily schedule and paid for a nice meal I had in the gaslamp district.  A colleague of mine from Australia, a nice man named Ian, was their friend and recommended me for the job as those were my best specialties as a hotel instructor.  What a life that was, my last such client, who asked for similar help, was in Albuquerque NM and they got along with me so well they served as a job reference when I left Best Western to become a WAN admin.  I preferred flying on Southwest when I was alone since I had no problem scoring a place in the A group.  I usually took a seat towards the very front (if I was in a hurry at my destination) or very back of the plane (if I wanted space, since passengers usually did not sit in the middle seats there).  Granted my Eclipse in these pics is not Southwest, but it is a nice ride!

John

sf7PrHm.png
pnFwcX4.png
LiRlHvg.png
RrjQeCW.png
3NSYgF3.png
1H8pUjg.png
4rvMRQC.png
i7vnnMN.png
tfg8OYH.png
qO8oSHT.png
7T8mrYC.png
b62Wfxb.png
npnt7ke.png
fNYvpml.png
iac58Uu.png
RjiwJ8B.png
cX0voAa.png
L9P42rI.png
L1OBtdt.jpg
STCPzJr.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have visited both your DEPT and DEST airports..separately...But, I do remember the short Amtrak trip from LA to San Diego many years ago. On an weekend, I happened to be the only one in the upper level (after a minimally costing upgrade to 1st class), enjoying the scenery out during the journey, and enjoying the glass of complementary wine.

Excellent sequence of pictures, John. Your Real-Life route meets the Virtual-world route! Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

One of my favorite routes too - in both sims. 

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

6 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Have visited both your DEPT and DEST airports..separately...But, I do remember the short Amtrak trip from LA to San Diego many years ago. On an weekend, I happened to be the only one in the upper level (after a minimally costing upgrade to 1st class), enjoying the scenery out during the journey, and enjoying the glass of complementary wine.

Excellent sequence of pictures, John. Your Real-Life route meets the Virtual-world route! Thanks for posting.

I almost took that trip into San Diego when I was working in Ventura and asked to help on a small training project in San Diego, but instead I asked to fly down, it was a time saver and it saved my client money and gave them more of my man hours on site, a full eight hours more since I did not have to use up as much travel time. 

Longest train trips I took were Bart trips and DC Metro trips, a trip in Ely Nevada on an old steam train, and trips I used to take from Tinley Park into downtown Chicago.  In Napa, although I did not ride on it, we had the Napa Valley Wine train, which became quite successful.  My hotel's former sales manager became their marketing director and while serving she gave me a wonderful job reference which helped secure my role as one of Holiday Inn's lead instructors.  With a reference from the marketing director and VP of Napa Valley Wine train, you can't go wrong!

Shortest train trips--Disneyland and Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom railroad, LOL!

John

• Like 1